Ginkgo is a publicly-held, well-funded, high-growth biotech company in Boston that is redesigning the living world to solve some of the globe’s growing challenges in health, energy, food, materials, and more. Our mission to “make biology easier to engineer” is poised to disrupt multiple industries by leveraging our innovative data, automation, and scale capabilities in biological engineering. Depending on level of experience, we are seeking either a Director or Senior Director of Business Development to join our dynamic, passionate, and collaborative team dedicated to cultivate and execute new business partnerships within Ginkgo’s space.
As a Director/Senior Director of Business Development for Commercial Cell Engineering - Pharma, you will be a core part of the Pharma Business Development team at Ginkgo. You will be scouting new areas within Pharma and therapeutics where Ginkgo’s platform can effectively serve as a disruptive technology. Given your industry experience, you know the key players, understand the biotechnology field, keep up with emerging trends, and you can leverage your strong network to create an effective market strategy and sales pipeline. You also enjoy building relationships and teams, and take a proactive approach to maximizing new and existing business opportunities. You will work with a cross-functional team comprising deal transaction, IP, legal, and technical program teams throughout all aspects of the proposal, negotiations and contract execution. And most importantly, you see the bigger picture: you’re excited about Ginkgo and eager to help us achieve our mission of making biology easier to engineer.
We are seeking candidates for Director/Senior Director of Business Development who are enthusiastic about pitching, negotiating, and closing new deals and business opportunities. Please include a deal sheet with your application if available.
- Actively seek new opportunities in Pharma/therapeutics in coordination with Ginkgo’s Business Development team
- Identify new markets that Ginkgo should enter
- Negotiate, close, and execute deals with customers in identified markets
- Speak and meet with potential partners at industry conferences
- Guide and coordinate Business Development related activities with other groups and functions across the organization
- Travel as necessary
Desired Experience and Capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in science field, business, or finance; master’s degree or PhD a plus
- Understanding of the biotechnology industry and its applications
- Proven Business Development track record is required, with drive to pitch, negotiate, and close new deals and business opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to thoughtfully expand existing partnerships
- Passion for collaboration and significant experience in relationship-building, and to leverage and convert market knowledge and relationships into business opportunities
- Motivation and ability to innovate while working towards Ginkgo’s goals
- Excellent communication skills, emotional intelligence and an ability to work across organizational boundaries
- Eagerness to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment and enthusiasm to be a part of Ginkgo’s mission
To learn more about Ginkgo, check out some recent press:
We also feel that it’s important to point out the obvious here – there’s a serious lack of diversity in our industry, and that needs to change. Our goal is to help drive that change. Ginkgo is deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its practices, especially when it comes to growing our team. Our culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with people from all walks of life.
We’re developing a powerful biological engineering platform, so we must remain mindful of the many ways our technology can – and will – impact people around the world. We care about how our platform is used, and having a diverse team to build it gives us the best chance that it’s something we’ll be proud of as it continues to grow. Therefore, it’s critical that we incorporate the diverse voices and visions of all those who play a role in the future of biology.
It is the policy of Ginkgo Bioworks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants.