Would you like to use your software experience to have a direct and positive impact on the COVID-19 response, and help to build biosecurity products of the future? Join our Concentric by Ginkgo Software Team and leverage your skills to help organizations and communities tackle the unprecedented challenges that COVID-19 has put on them.
Our COVID-19 testing service, Concentric by Ginkgo
, is designed to provide broader access to COVID-19 diagnostic testing solutions, and is supported by partners such as Illumina and the National Institutes of Health - including one of the first awards under NIH’s Rapid Acceleration of Diagnostics (RADx) program. We’ve built increased Foundry capacity to support high rates of testing frequency for our clients, offering an end-to-end, onsite testing service designed to test large communities of individuals. Performed at high-scale and high-throughput, this additional testing capacity will be essential for organizations, institutions, and companies to be able to reconvene their teams and reopen their communities.
To help facilitate this initiative - and help drive our biosecurity work forward - we’re looking for talented Software Engineers to join our team. With your expertise, you’ll help to build our Concentric platform that brings more COVID-19 testing to more people, with optimized testing programs that work across test modalities and a growing lab network. You’ll collaborate with a team of talented and diverse engineers, product managers, designers, experts in data analysis, and, of course, our customers. Plus, you’ll continuously innovate new capabilities for Concentric’s platform to be the center of long-term biosecurity. This is your chance to not only develop algorithms and frameworks at the cutting edge of software technologies, but also work side-by-side with the brightest scientists, engineers, and more.
Most importantly, while you may not have a background in biology, you must be passionate about Concentric by Ginkgo’s goal of providing more tests to more people. Your efforts will be critical to making COVID-19 testing more accessible than ever by helping to build out the software necessary to do laboratory diagnostics at scales previously unheard of.
- Design and implement software solutions that address the current needs of Concentric by Ginkgo’s customers, consumers, and internal stakeholders. These solutions could be a microservice, standalone tool, user-facing web application, data pipeline, etc.
- Collaborate with your tech lead and product manager to define key milestones and deliverables.
- Work as a member of an agile team, attending scrum meetings and reviewing code produced by your peers.
- Write automated tests for your solution and oversee its deployment.
- Monitor the production environment to detect and address customers' issues.
- Prototype new ideas, algorithms, and frameworks.
- Ensure patient data is protected and kept confidential
Desired Experience and Capabilities
- BS/MS in computer science, plus 2-10 years relevant work experience
- Scalable web app experience a plus
- Experience with HIPAA compliant software a plus
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple, concurrent responsibilities
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment
- Eagerness to support Concentric by Ginkgo’s goals, with a strong drive to help our initiative succeed
To learn more about Ginkgo, check out some recent press:
We also feel that it’s important to point out the obvious here – there’s a serious lack of diversity in our industry, and that needs to change. Our goal is to help drive that change. Ginkgo is deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its practices, especially when it comes to growing our team. Our culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with people from all walks of life.
We’re developing a powerful biological engineering platform, so we must remain mindful of the many ways our technology can – and will – impact people around the world. We care about how our platform is used, and having a diverse team to build it gives us the best chance that it’s something we’ll be proud of as it continues to grow. Therefore, it’s critical that we incorporate the diverse voices and visions of all those who play a role in the future of biology.
It is the policy of Ginkgo Bioworks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants.