VP of New Brands, Kalo Ingredients
Ginkgo Bioworks, Remote/Boston, MA
THE ORGANISM COMPANY
Execute on key initiatives:
- Define the vision, strategy, and operations of all subsidiary brand launches from a functional and strategic perspective.
- Strategically analyze and assess the current business organization. Develop new approaches, policies and provide a platform for efficient and profitable growth.
- Identify and seize key opportunities for business impact through quantitative analysis (i.e. ROI analysis, scenario planning) and external research; create investment cases for new initiatives and help leadership prioritize resourcing.
- Develop and oversee a brand/product pipeline, partnering with internal stakeholders and external agencies to ensure the successful launch of each initiative.
- Take a customer-centric approach to analysis and interpretation of data, remaining focused on analytics and research to guide decision making.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of financial planning, to build detailed business cases with robust financial modeling, product/fit assessment, partner analysis of alternatives, and overall rationale to build new products to help our customers.
- Explore and evaluate the potential of untapped markets opportunities and evaluate the pipelines of technical developments of our ingredients to define and prioritize growth opportunities.
- Possess a diplomatic approach that keeps both internal and external partners in sync, bought in, and effectively driving the business forward together.
- Expand revenue in thoughtful ways and contribute to the overall company growth.
- Lead the recruitment and hiring of high-caliber employees for each new venture.
- Create the vision and rally a multi-functional team behind that vision to drive the strategy and action plan forward. It will be critical to collaborate cross-functionally for this role.
- Manage resources and projects; understand how to collaboratively align resources, seek the input of key constituents, and manage others to achieve desired results.
- Do “whatever it takes” to get the job done and work effectively and efficiently including on a tight deadline without drama or ego. We are a dynamic startup whose priorities may need to shift.
Desired Experience and Capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required; an MBA or equivalent experience is desirable
- 10+ years of related work experience in brand marketing of consumer goods
- A leader who can champion a vision and roadmap, and is not afraid to dig into the details with the internal stakeholders
- Passion and knowledge about the beauty industry and its latest trends.
- Passionate about storytelling and creative thinking, with the ability to think outside of the box in order to be disruptive in the market.
- Proven history of hiring and mentoring talent to accomplish shared goals and objectives.
- Proven experience utilizing metrics and insights as tools for informed decision-making.
- Experience collaborating across finance on financial operations including budgeting, planning, forecasting, variance analysis, and long-range planning.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, problem-solving, and influencing skills to work effectively with all stakeholders.
- High emotional intelligence and self-awareness, which encourages positive energy, kindness, and passion throughout the organization.
About Ginkgo Bioworks
Ginkgo Bioworks is the organism company. We design custom microbes for customers across multiple markets. We build our foundries to scale the process of organism engineering using software and hardware automation. Organism engineers at Ginkgo learn from nature to develop new organisms that replace technology with biology.
Want to learn more about Ginkgo Bioworks? Visit Ginkgo Bioworks's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos