Ginkgo Bioworks is a privately held, high-growth and well-funded biotechnology company based in Boston’s Seaport District. Our mission is to make biology easier to engineer. As a world leader in synthetic biology, we leverage our unparalleled data, automation, and scale capabilities in biological engineering to build custom organisms. Our products work across the economy - from custom proteins for plant-based foods, to novel microbes that can replace traditional fertilizer, to living medicines that respond to conditions in a patient’s body.
In response to the global COVID-19 pandemic, we have launched a new service: Concentric by Ginkgo
. We firmly believe that testing is an essential requirement to re-open the economy as quickly and safely as possible. Concentric is the largest provider of K-12 testing. We currently run state-level K-12 testing programs in four states and some of the nation’s largest school districts.
As a Manager of Commercial Operations and Strategy, you will be a core part of the Commercial team at Ginkgo as we scale Concentric. Broadly, the team includes both an account development focus and a delivery assurance focus, and your role will be to help develop and implement the strategy of one or both of these sides. As we launch these testing capabilities in new markets, your initiative, entrepreneurship and teamwork will shine as you adapt this offering to meet customer needs. By developing and driving relationships with key accounts and running delivery of our service, you will expand relationships into lasting partnerships. As issues arise, you will find creative solutions and ensure customer success - learning from each customer and flowing this thinking back into service development. Your role will be varied and high impact, and a critical part of our national solution in the relief efforts for COVID-19. Come join our dynamic, passionate and collaborative team!
- Serve as primary relationship manager of certain clients for the delivery team; this will involve strong stakeholder management, a broad understanding of testing strategies, assessing client needs, and detailed planning for high scale testing implementation
- Lead implementation and ongoing management of key internal processes and elements of client-facing engagement for the delivery team (e.g. onboarding sessions, consent processes, testing procedures); understand the full scope of the client contract
- Drive client success by supporting and coordinating ongoing operational delivery with clients, fielding, troubleshooting and escalating any concerns as they arise
- Continually shape the customer experience, branding, and marketing approaches, as part of a cross functional team
- Tackle the most urgent and immediate problems facing the project as a whole
- Support other Commercial operations projects as needed
Desired Experience and Capabilities
- Work experience in Consulting, Program Management, Operations, Client Service, or Business Development
- Proven track record of project ownership and results orientation in a team setting
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to develop fact-based and informed opinions
- Excellent communication skills, emotional intelligence and an ability to work across organizational boundaries
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Proficient financial acumen
Note on culture
Concentric by Ginkgo is a high energy, positive and fast paced environment where new challenges and opportunities arise every day, so this opportunity is ideal for people who thrive in those kinds of environments, and for people who like lots of variety in their day. There are lots of opportunities to learn and grow. The team is motivated by doing high impact work in service to society. To get a sense of the culture at Ginkgo, read some articles in Grow by Ginkgo
, the company magazine we produce, which tells the story of synthetic biology in a Ginkgo-authentic way.
To learn more about Ginkgo, check out some recent press:
We also feel that it’s important to point out the obvious here – there’s a serious lack of diversity in our industry, and that needs to change. Our goal is to help drive that change. Ginkgo is deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its practices, especially when it comes to growing our team. Our culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with people from all walks of life.
We’re developing a powerful biological engineering platform, so we must remain mindful of the many ways our technology can – and will – impact people around the world. We care about how our platform is used, and having a diverse team to build it gives us the best chance that it’s something we’ll be proud of as it continues to grow. Therefore, it’s critical that we incorporate the diverse voices and visions of all those who play a role in the future of biology.
It is the policy of Ginkgo Bioworks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants.