Director, Corporate Development
Ginkgo Bioworks, Remote/Boston, MA
THE ORGANISM COMPANY
- Serve as internal quarterback for deal process execution, including overseeing deals from start to finish and driving thorough due diligence process (including financial, technical, commercial, legal and IP due diligence)
- Lead robust integration planning to help ensure these deals drive lasting value at Ginkgo, and support a diverse set of teams in preparing to onboard new teams and technologies
- Prepare internal deal memos and diligence packs, building conviction around recommendations
- Serve as a strategic partner across our organization, building great internal relationships and helping to establish appropriate cross-functional staffing/engagement on opportunities
- Help develop proactive M&A theses and build and manage deal pipeline (for context, some deals we’ve executed include Dutch DNA, Novogy, Warp Drive Bio, Gen9, and we’re thinking even bigger now!)
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in investing, operations, consulting, and/or banking, ideally with some past exposure to the life sciences (even if it was in college!) and/or pharma
- Strong project management experience, juggling multiple balls and managing people with diverse areas of expertise who are often more senior than you
- Prior experience within a startup or entrepreneurial environment (not required but strongly preferred).
Desired Experience and Capabilities
- You’re able to see the big picture, but also aren’t afraid to dig in and get your hands a little -- or sometimes very -- dirty!
- You’re relentless: organized, accountable, and resourceful, and you are excellent at seeing what needs to get done, and getting it done efficiently.
- You have impeccable analytical, strategic, and critical thinking skills, with an acute attention to detail
- You’re self-motivated and highly driven, with a strong commitment to the work that you do
- You’re a collaborative, supportive team player, and are able to partner effectively with executive team members and cross-functional leaders throughout the company
- You have a passion for learning about new industries, companies, and people, and can get up to speed on new areas extremely quickly
- You’re able to successfully design processes to drive efficiency, and help cross-functional teams adopt those processes
- You have strong communication and presentation skills, and are adept at speaking your mind, asking questions, and pushing back when needed
- Finally, you’re excited about Ginkgo and eager to help us achieve our mission, and you think biology is, well, pretty freaking cool
About Ginkgo Bioworks
Ginkgo Bioworks is the organism company. We design custom microbes for customers across multiple markets. We build our foundries to scale the process of organism engineering using software and hardware automation. Organism engineers at Ginkgo learn from nature to develop new organisms that replace technology with biology.
Want to learn more about Ginkgo Bioworks? Visit Ginkgo Bioworks's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.