- Assisting developers and IT in DevOps operations, helping to scale and deploy our systems both locally and in the cloud.
- Assisting developers to apply best practices to ensure fully working test, training and production environments using Gitlab-CI, Docker, Ansible.
- Designing, building and maintaining CI/CD, testing, and operations infrastructure for our systems.
- Work closely with IT and Software Engineers to resolve outages and implement changes to avoid future issues.
- Evaluate and leverage AWS, Azure and Google cloud and deployment technologies.
- Automate everything to ensure repeatability.
- BS or MS degree in software engineering or related field, or equivalent.
- 5 years of DevOps experience, both building end-to-end automated CI/CD pipelines, as well as application and operations support. This experience should include hard-core hands-on Linux admin, networking, security, and AWS experience in a dev-through-production environment.
- A proven track record of excellent customer service delivery, including working with developers, ops, and users to troubleshoot and resolve challenging problems in a timely manner, and being an embedded DevOps member of an application scrum team, as well as requirements gathering, design, project planning, and implementation of DevOps process and tooling.
- Strong architectural level of understanding of software, networks, security, and operations, with the knowledge and know-how to influence software and operations design and process.
- Strong hands-on familiarity with infrastructure automation tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Terraform, Artifactory/Nexus, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, InSpec, etc.
- Impeccable organizational and communication skills.
- Experience working in Life Sciences a plus.
- Excited to work with the best scientists and engineers to develop the foundry - the code base, compiler and debugger for Life
About Ginkgo Bioworks
Ginkgo Bioworks is the organism company. We design custom microbes for customers across multiple markets. We build our foundries to scale the process of organism engineering using software and hardware automation. Organism engineers at Ginkgo learn from nature to develop new organisms that replace technology with biology.
Want to learn more about Ginkgo Bioworks? Visit Ginkgo Bioworks's website.
Jobs You May Like
Additive Training Engineer
Markforged, Watertown, MA
Software Engineer, C++ (Visualization)
Lyft, Palo Alto
Senior Software Engineer - Pilgrim
Foursquare, New York, Chicago, San Francisco
Senior Full Stack Engineer
Upside, Washington, DC
C3, Redwood City
Identity & Access Management Administrator
Cloudflare, San Francisco, CA