Channel Account Manager - West
GitHub, HQ - San Francisco
A development platform inspired by the way you work
The Channel Manager will be responsible for executing GitHub’s channel strategy on a local regional level significantly contributing to customer satisfaction and revenue. The role reports to The Director of Channels and interacts closely with other sales management throughout the company. Channel managers will be responsible for developing and executing the regional channel and partner strategy to leverage significant growth through the use of multiple indirect routes to market.
- Execute the regional go-to-market channel strategies.
- Build and execute regional business plans.
- Develop, build and expand regional partnerships that create ecosystem leverage for GitHub.
- Identify, qualify, develop and drive regional partnerships with system integrators, VARs, Distributors, consultants, carriers, industry influencers and other channel and marketing partners.
- Manage channel training and enablement.
- Develop, organize, and manage partner seminars and events.
- Aggressively drive partners to maximize sales and total partnership potential through sales best practices and support.
- Together with Corporate, Field and Product Marketing develop and execute sales channel programs in the field and manage communication across the regional community.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships at the executive level with key channels and partners.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of 10 years of Sales experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of Channel Sales leadership experience with large, global Enterprise partners.
- Must be willing to travel to approximately 50%.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute sales channel development and marketing programs which result in revenue generation.
- Ability to set clear and deliverable goals. Demonstrates tenacity, commitment to deliver and be accountable for results.
- Excellent communication (verbal and non-verbal), presentation & interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized with the ability to work well under time pressure and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Creative, a self-starter, team player, fast learner, detail oriented, and conscientious.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over fifteen million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Recruiter!
GitHub is how people build software. With a community of more than 14 million people, developers can discover, use and contribute to over 25 million projects using a powerful, collaborative workflow.
Whether using GitHub.com or your own instance of GitHub Enterprise, you can integrate GitHub with third party tools, from project management to continuous deployment, to build software in the way that works best for you.