Engineering Manager, Git Ecosystem
GitHub, Remote - US, Remote - Canada, Remote - Europe, Remote - Australia
A development platform inspired by the way you work
Are you passionate about improving the Git experience for game developers, researchers, and others who work with large binary files? GitHub is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead the Git Ecosystem team, working primarily on Git LFS and other file storage features.
The Engineering organization is highly distributed and you will thrive in an environment of remote work and asynchronous communication. As a member of our team, you'll always be challenged to solve interesting and novel problems that have real impact on how the world builds software.
- You will act as a technical leader, guiding Git Ecosystem’s vision, best practices, and priorities.
- You will meet 1-1 with team members on a regular basis
- You will give frequent, actionable feedback to support your team’s career development.
- You will actively develop and maintain infrastructure through reusable code and tooling.
- You will use metrics and monitoring systems to ensure performance, scalability, and stability.
- You will cultivate the open source projects developed by GitHub and build things you are proud to share.
- You have a history of leading high-performing engineering teams.
- You have proficiency in one or more high-level languages such as Ruby, Python and Go.
- You have experience guiding technical decision-making.
- You have the ability to apply systems design principles to practical applications.
- You take a pragmatic approach to decision-making and design choices.
- You have strong written communication skills and enjoy developing working relationships with coworkers in locations around the globe.
- Experience with Git and GitHub.
- Experience building and scaling services in Go and/or Ruby.
- Knowledge of operations practices: monitoring, alerting, metrics, and automation.
- Experience diagnosing and resolving performance problems in complex software systems.
- Experience managing/working with distributed teams.
- Experience building highly available systems at scale.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over fifteen million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Recruiter!
GitHub is how people build software. With a community of more than 14 million people, developers can discover, use and contribute to over 25 million projects using a powerful, collaborative workflow.
Whether using GitHub.com or your own instance of GitHub Enterprise, you can integrate GitHub with third party tools, from project management to continuous deployment, to build software in the way that works best for you.
Want to learn more about GitHub? Visit https://github.com
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, App Platform
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Senior Front End Engineer
Weedmaps, Los Angeles, California, United States
Cloud and Infrastructure Principal
ThoughtWorks, North America
Director of Sound Design
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Software Engineer, Platform
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Vice President of Engineering, China
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA or Beijing, China