Sr. Manager Deal Desk
GitHub, HQ - San Francisco
A development platform inspired by the way you work
GitHub is looking for a Senior Deal Desk Manager to join our Deal Desk team. This role is a critical and highly visible role to support GitHub’s rapid business growth. You will be responsible for providing support to GitHub’s worldwide sales, finance, and legal teams. You will be reviewing agreements and working on pricing proposals to support our growing sales team while ensuring business and legal terms are aligned with company policy. You will also drive & partner with cross functional teams to analyze both external & internal data to influence pricing and field discount practices with a goal to improve bookings and gross margin.
We are looking for a customer-centric attitude and appreciation for working collaboratively in a fast paced environment. This position is based in San Francisco.
- Accelerate deal closure through the development of in-depth knowledge of GitHub’s licensing model, deal structures and pricing to support to our worldwide sales teams
- Represent sales operations, accounting, finance and legal interests in the structuring of non-standard deals
- Review and drive approvals of non-standard business terms including legal compliance and software revenue recognition
- Work cross-functionally with product, sales operations, sales, finance and legal to recommend changes to deal structures in response to observed behavior in the field
- Provide deal structure guidance to field sales and create standard deal structure model templates
- Develop and distribute deal best practices in collaboration with sales through data-driven analysis of win/loss results, pricing trends, and structuring trends. Analyze win/loss and price trends
- Become a subject matter expert on all aspects of the sales operations process, including mastery of GitHub and Salesforce.com tools Drive enhancements to the quote-to-cash processes and policies
- Work with SalesOps team to design and build reports to analyze discounting and margin trends.
- 8+ years of experience in deal desk, deal structuring or sales operations roles
- Strong business acumen, prior sales experience and or pricing experience a plus
- Experience with working with Looker or other business analytics tools
- Strong understanding of software revenue recognition issues, including revenue recognition under 606 Excellent analytical and problem solving skills to enable informed decision making
- Must be a self-starter with strong organization skills
- Detail oriented team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States SF based preferred, but open to other locations
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 24 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 67 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
GitHub is how people build software. With a community of more than 14 million people, developers can discover, use and contribute to over 25 million projects using a powerful, collaborative workflow.
Whether using GitHub.com or your own instance of GitHub Enterprise, you can integrate GitHub with third party tools, from project management to continuous deployment, to build software in the way that works best for you.