Senior Application Engineer, Payments
GitHub, HQ - San Francisco
A development platform inspired by the way you work
GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help build GitHub. We’re looking for a senior application engineer to work on features and tooling in support of processing payments. You’ll work with our team of engineers, designers, and product managers to reduce friction in the process of paying for GitHub whether that be for a personal paid account or a large GitHub On Premise instance.
- Communicate persuasively with peers to inspire cooperation.
- Mentor, pair, and delegate work to encourage the growth of those around them.
- Employ fundamental design patterns and provide examples for others to follow.
- Make well-reasoned decisions that inspire and energize others.
- Become intimately familiar with the systems they build and take pride in writing maintainable code.
- Are technical leaders who break down work so that others can contribute confidently.
- Help recruit, interview, and generally make GitHub a great home for developers.
- You have been a technical lead on a team that built something you are proud of.
- You have some knowledge of billing processes and technologies.
- You have 5+ years building web applications.
- You are known for being a great communicator and use various tactics (pictures, metaphors, story telling etc) to improve understanding.
- You write tests to improve the design and quality of code.
- You are organized and focused when working toward a goal.
- You show humility when you are right and have the confidence to admit mistakes.
- You are passionate about building products that developers love.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over fifteen million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Recruiter!
GitHub is how people build software. With a community of more than 14 million people, developers can discover, use and contribute to over 25 million projects using a powerful, collaborative workflow.
Whether using GitHub.com or your own instance of GitHub Enterprise, you can integrate GitHub with third party tools, from project management to continuous deployment, to build software in the way that works best for you.
Want to learn more about GitHub? Visit https://github.com
Jobs You May Like
Graphics Software Engineering Intern
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Senior Software Engineer in Test - Promotions Engineering
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Senior Application Developer
Digital Technology Leadership Program [Paid, Full-Time Job]
United Technologies Digital, Multiple Cities
Casper, San Francisco
Vistar Media, Philadelphia, PA