Do you have off the hook management skills? Then we have the role for you! GitHub is looking for a rockstar to join our Finance team. We are looking for an Accounting Manager who can inspire and grow our Accounting team. Our new Accounting Manager will help lead our team with GL close in a timely basis as well as provide information to our Management team for those important decisions.
This person will need to be based in the Bay Area and be able to travel to the office on a regular basis due to the nature of the job and need to handle physical mail/paperwork.
- Manage all month end close activities including review of JEs & reconciliations.
- Own the accuracy of the financial statements ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Set up best practices for month/quarter-end close process.
- Prepare/review flux analysis, including CFS, BS and PL.
- Research technical accounting guidance and prepare technical memos.
- Manage and develop staff.
- 7-9 years experience in an accounting role demonstrating supervisory and managerial prowess.
- Accounting or related degree.
- CPA license.
- Public accounting experience is a plus.
- Accounting experience in a multi-country/currency or publicly-traded company.
- Experience designing/implementing G/L systems for scale.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, ever-changing environment with some ambiguity and a need for directing energy and thinking.
- IPO experience is a plus.
- Previous SOX experience highly valued in anticipation of the build-out of internal controls, segregation of duties, and accounting policy development and collaboration.
- Experience with NetSuite.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter and ability to multi-task while performing a variety of complex tasks.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 28 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
GitHub is how people build software. With a community of more than 14 million people, developers can discover, use and contribute to over 25 million projects using a powerful, collaborative workflow.
Whether using GitHub.com or your own instance of GitHub Enterprise, you can integrate GitHub with third party tools, from project management to continuous deployment, to build software in the way that works best for you.