Sales Operations Project Manager
GitHub, Remote - US / Canada
A development platform inspired by the way you work
GitHub helps companies, organizations, and groups of individuals succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We're looking to bring on a Project Manager to the Sales Operations team to assist in scaling our rapidly evolving business. This role is very collaborative, working not only with the diverse teams that make up the Sales organization, but also in a cross functional manner to track key dependencies with our business partners. It is critical that applicants have a proven track record managing projects covering both business process and technical implementation.
As a member of the Sales Operations team, this individual will interact with many teams across the company, notably Marketing, Product, Business Systems, Data Engineering, Sales Leadership, Sales Enablement, as well as key teams within Microsoft. Tight coordination and management of deliverables is critical for our long term success. This individual will be a vital member of the team.
This position is US remote friendly but San Francisco HQ is welcome!
- Manage end to end success of multiple concurrent projects
- Develop project plans applying appropriate project methodology, defining key deliverables, responsible parties, and timelines
- Ensure business requirements are captured and scoped in cooperation with business owners within the Sales organization and other departments like Marketing, Product, Finance, and Business Systems
- Identify project deliverable risk and work with management and core stakeholders to plan mitigation efforts
- Effectively communicate status to project stakeholders and executive level management
- Create project status update documents for asynchronous consumption
- 4+ years experience as project / program manager
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Experience in developing & executing complex Customer focused initiatives from scratch to scale
- Prior experience in the software industry
- Strong ability to set priorities and timelines, yet be flexible as things change through project lifecycles
- Experience in launching new products and services to support enterprise customers, consumers and developers to scale
- Exceptional strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of Operational Infrastructure, metrics, processes, systems and tools for running worldwide sales operation
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple projects underway with tight deadlines, keeping key team members on track
- Must be capable of presenting confidently and professionally at internal executive levels
- Strong Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, and Excel skills
- Ability to adapt to new priorities and initiatives on short notice
- PMP certification is a plus
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
GitHub is how people build software. With a community of more than 14 million people, developers can discover, use and contribute to over 25 million projects using a powerful, collaborative workflow.
Whether using GitHub.com or your own instance of GitHub Enterprise, you can integrate GitHub with third party tools, from project management to continuous deployment, to build software in the way that works best for you.