Professional Services Solution Architect
GitHub, Tokyo, Japan
A development platform inspired by the way you work
GitHub is seeking a Solution Architect for our Professional Services Delivery team. They focus on helping our customers improve the lives of developers working on the GitHub platform. As a Solution Architect you will impact the lives of developers by working with some of the largest companies in the world by crafting many aspects of software delivery. You will help our customers plan, prioritize, launch, and accelerate their initiatives in building on GitHub.
You will succeed in this role if you are a highly technical individual who feels as comfortable working with tech leaders to map out software delivery initiative roadmaps as you do writing code. You will work with customers from the planning phase through maintaining the system. You will be their primary technical contact at GitHub and establish relationships with admins and their tech leaders. This can be a remote position.
The Solution Architect will be responsible for the following:
- Serve as the primary owner of customer deliverables over long-term engagements
- Provide technical contribution and facilitate development with the broader Services Delivery team
- Participation in customer pre- and post-sales scoping calls, and ongoing, recurring collaboration with customers
- Frequent calibration of customer success criteria and providing proactive, creative attention on their priorities
- Be the primary point of contact and trusted advisor in a technical capacity for customers
- Help transform software delivery at some of the largest organizations through hands-on assistance
- Demonstrate leadership in owning the development and delivery of adaptive solutions
- Proactively seek out new GitHub enhancements and provide demonstrations/adaptive tooling
- Managing customer success criteria, understand the pulse of the customer, and providing an exceptional experience with GitHub
- Build customer business artifacts, such as company-specific roll-out plans and timelines
- Work closely with the Engagement Manager to field customer questions and requests for services
- Study reference customer cases for concepts to apply for specific customer scenarios
- Track and share progress with GitHub and our customer to ensure expectations are clear and progress is being made
- Discover issues that arise and create plans to solve their problems
- Be on constant watch for process improvements
- Seek out automation opportunities for repetitive tasks
- Traveling for GitHub events and client visits up to 50%
- Deep experience with GitHub to deliver software
- A strong understanding of IT infrastructure, governance, compliance and business process management
- Interest in working creatively with customers to understand technical and business requirements
- A demonstrable comfort in both facilitating and developing solutions
- Aptitude to proactively engage customers with aspirational and recommended technical deliverables in a self-driven manner
- Implement and test solutions based on requirements and customer feedback
- An understanding of several of these methodologies and tools:
- Software development methods such as Agile, Scrum, Lean, Waterfall
- Software project tools like JIRA, Pivotal Tracker, Trello, Asana, and MS Project
- Continuous integration and build automation with Jenkins, TeamCity, TFS, TravisCI, CircleCI
- Experience configuring the following technologies:
- LDAP, ActiveDirectory, and other SAML/Single-Sign-on services
- VMware vSphere, ESXi, AWS, Azure, GCP, and other virtual infrastructure tools
- Demonstrated ability to connect with people, lead client projects, and help clients solve problems with GitHub
- Strong ability to cheerfully handle client expectations and project scope during all stages of a client engagement
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivation, energy, and enthusiasm
A more human note about this role:
This role is critical for our customers and GitHub. We would love your help to continue to assist customers in accomplishing their goals and making a positive impact in their company. We have seen how impactful a Solution Architect can be at GitHub. We hope you will join our team as we work with our customers to achieve their vision with the GitHub platform.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
GitHub is how people build software. With a community of more than 14 million people, developers can discover, use and contribute to over 25 million projects using a powerful, collaborative workflow.
Whether using GitHub.com or your own instance of GitHub Enterprise, you can integrate GitHub with third party tools, from project management to continuous deployment, to build software in the way that works best for you.
Want to learn more about GitHub? Visit GitHub's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.