Senior Analyst, Security-GRC - Audit & Compliance
GitHub, Remote - US
A development platform inspired by the way you work
GitHub is seeking a highly experienced and detailed-oriented, senior Individual Contributor to help maintain and expand the GRC function within a young and rapidly growing organization. GitHub is committed to doing right by our customers. Developing a highly effective internal control environment and right sized compliance solutions are integral to this commitment.
- Are you a fearless, autonomous - yet social! - go-getter, prone to fits of root cause analysis, followed on by enthusiastic information sharing?
- Do you like to test theories, and exult, rather than deflate, when the results return gaps or deficiencies because it means you have an opportunity to make something better?
- Do you like puzzles, mazes and intractable problems because they challenge you to push to the end and emerge triumphant, solution in hand?
- Are you passionate about tackling all the things that come your way, big or small, so long as they are the right means to an end, free of the shackles of popularity contests?
- Do you agree there is no ‘I’ in ‘Team’ and the organic power of mutually respectful discourse and collaboration is what makes the world go round?
- And last, but most certainly not least, have you already answered the question "Why are we here?" with the GRC Truth, "Because Customers."
If so, you might be the person we are looking for!
As part of the team reporting into the Senior Manager of Security-GRC Audit and Continuous Testing, you will work closely with multiple groups including infrastructure, operations, legal, finance, HR, sales, and software engineering to develop sound process and implement necessary controls to meet customer needs, satisfy external audit requirements, and address internal business objectives.
This is an excellent opportunity for a strong Individual Contributor on an advanced GRC career path to have a hand in elevating compliance and security as a business and sales enabler, and to integrate a deep understanding of product and business into the compliance space. This is a team effort, and so bringing your team members, leadership and customers along for the ride is integral to your success. Central to the team's culture is that of inclusion, transparency and teamwork - we lift each other up to be successful!
A large focus of this position will involve the following:
- Interpret regulatory, industry compliance and audit requirements (internal and external audits) and develop easy-to-consume work definitions for the product, HR, legal, business systems, IT engineering and software development teams, and function as technical SME during internal and external audits.
- Develop and track compliance and remediation project plans and track successful completion of work, ensuring alignment with product and audit/compliance roadmaps.
- Execute continuous compliance testing, design remediation and risk mitigation solutions, and collaborate cross functionally to establishing automated testing and evidence collection.
- Contribute to the development of customer-facing materials covering topics related to security, compliance and audit to help customers manage their own audit efforts involving GitHub products more effectively.
- Above all, you'll be getting your hands deep into the work and identifying new ways to solve problems and provide services inside our company.
Our ideal candidate takes an extremely pragmatic approach to GRC, functions as part of a growing team, and is able to balance the needs of a very dynamic engineering culture with that of protecting the company and customer data.
This job is U.S. based and open nationwide; however, semi-frequent travel (<15%) to our San Francisco, CA headquarters, will be necessary for a remote worker.
- Demonstrated success working in multiple frameworks, supporting one or more types of compliance frameworks: FedRAMP/NIST, ISO 27001:2013 ISMS, SOC 1/SOC 2, ISO 27k, PCI, with preference given to individuals with controls assessment and audit experience.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a strong business to technology "Human API", helping to bridge the business view and requirements to technologists building solutions.
- 5+ years prior work experience in requirements development, program management, and/or process improvement efforts in a technical company, preferably at a large SaaS provider.
- 5+ years experience designing, implementing and/or auditing control environments using project plans to track and negotiate commitments with experience escalating blocking issues constructively.
- Continuous testing experience and development of tooling
- Experience working in a customer facing capacity in a SaaS/PaaS/IaaS business model.
- Ability to develop and use metrics/KPIs to assess program performance.
- CIA, CISA, CISM or other relevant independent certification, or equivalent education.
- The ability to partner with and effectively communicate to security, engineering and devops staff.
- Adept at project management and analysis work, including facilitation, interpretation, note taking and documentation.
- Experience working on a remote team in an asynchronous workflow.
- Exposure to software version control systems/Git and GitHub.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Loves the opportunity to Fix It, Build It, Understand It.
- Confidence in ability to learn new things - has the ability to state: "I don't know, but I will find out and circle back!”
- Very high comfort level working under ambiguous situations, with natural drive to bring clarity.
- Compulsive about getting it down on "paper" and sharing it with others.
- Creative mindset; a willingness to try new approach, and challenge assumptions.
- Highly team oriented personality.
- An open, learning mindset.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
GitHub is how people build software. With a community of more than 14 million people, developers can discover, use and contribute to over 25 million projects using a powerful, collaborative workflow.
Whether using GitHub.com or your own instance of GitHub Enterprise, you can integrate GitHub with third party tools, from project management to continuous deployment, to build software in the way that works best for you.
Want to learn more about GitHub? Visit GitHub's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.