Technical Support Account Manager
GitHub, Remote - US
A development platform inspired by the way you work
More and more companies are using GitHub Enterprise, so the support team is growing. When our customers have problems, they contact us and it is our goal to help them as quickly and awesomely as possible. We're looking for Technical Support Account Managers, in North America to support our GitHub Enterprise product installed and managed in the customer's virtualization environment. Your main responsibility will be to work with our customers via web interface, email, phone and chat to solve support tickets. Tickets are usually opened by internal system administrators, and can include investigating load or networking issues, debugging application errors, and discussing feature requests. You'll also work with our engineering team to prioritize issues and development, and our documentation team to improve customer-facing resources. You don’t need to be a Git expert, but you do need to have technical experience and a passion for helping people. The position reports to an Enterprise Support Manager and works closely with other teams and leaders across the company.
GitHub works remotely and asynchronously as much as possible. While this role does not require you to live near our office, it will require some travel to meet with co-workers or attend company events. This role may require working non-standard working hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Act as a single point of contact for the customers to provide supportability, performance, and best practice advice and assessment related to GitHub and customer's infrastructure
- Understand and maintain documentation around the customer infrastructure, workflows and configuration of GitHub Enterprise or Business Cloud instance.
- Solve complex customer support tickets often involving Linux servers, source code, and web application issues.
- On behalf of the customer, coordinate with other teams at GitHub when additional expertise is needed
- Actively monitor customer tickets during business hours, and work urgent and high requests
- Coordinate with others to initiate, join, or monitor Zoom/ Screen share sessions as requested by customers
- Provide escalation assistance as needed for all other Premium tickets
- Perform Root Cause Analysis, Ticket Analysis and system health checks for Premium customers a needed
- Participate and lead the Quarterly Business reviews for the assigned accounts by presenting metrics, data and health check summary and recommendations.
- Work proactively with customers on activities such as coordinating upgrades, communicating upcoming features, and ensuring their installation is running smoothly.
- Work with the GitHub Services team on any customer professional services engagements, though does not provide direct professional services style services to the customer.
- 3+ years of experience in a related function is required. Direct customer advocacy and engagement experience in post-sales or professional services functions.
- Successfully managed customer engagements to completion and customer satisfaction. Enthusiasm for working directly with customers
- Excellent analytical skills & problem solving skills, combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems.
- Exceptional verbal and written organizational, presentation, and communication skills.
- Must be customer service oriented and believe in teamwork, collaboration, adaptability & Initiative.
- Demonstrable success in thinking strategically, executing tactically while providing consistent and high levels of customer satisfaction and retention in a fast paced environment.
- Competitive & competitively aware. Proficient at explaining strengths & vulnerabilities.
- Willingness to travel periodically based on customer and business need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with some flavor of production-level virtual machine (e.g., VMware ESX, Xen, KVM)
Bonus points if you have:
- Worked closely with large complex customer accounts
- Familiarity with Git and GitHub
- Experience with phone support
- Ability to look through and understand code (Ruby / Bash)
- Previous experience as a Linux System Administrator
- Previous experience providing on-site consulting or professional services
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
GitHub is how people build software. With a community of more than 14 million people, developers can discover, use and contribute to over 25 million projects using a powerful, collaborative workflow.
Whether using GitHub.com or your own instance of GitHub Enterprise, you can integrate GitHub with third party tools, from project management to continuous deployment, to build software in the way that works best for you.
Want to learn more about GitHub? Visit GitHub's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one