Senior Security Engineer, Security Telemetry
GitHub, Remote - US / Canada
A development platform inspired by the way you work
GitHub Security Telemetry is seeking a highly talented and motivated security engineer to drive security initiatives that affect the security of millions of developers around the world. The role involves designing, building, and supporting the security telemetry services and tools that allow GitHub to deliver the best developer experience to its internal employees and the rest of the world. The ideal candidate will share a passion for engineering solutions to complex security problems.
- Development and implement appropriate and effective telemetry solutions to help mitigate threats and risks
- Endpoint vulnerability management
- Provide subject matter expertise on telemetry solutions
- Provide technical leadership while working across the company on critical security initiatives
You may be a good fit if you have demonstrable experience in the following areas:
- You have knowledge of telemetry systems/tools, like ELK, Splunk, Azure Data Explorer, and TICK stacks
- You have operational experience with Nessus, Qualys or similar scanning tools
- Familiarity with configuration management software such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Salt
- Experience using Linux day-to-day in a production environment
- Working knowledge of security telemetry best practices and threat landscape
- Experience working in a decentralized and geographically distributed environment
- Experience working in or partnering with a threat detection or incident response teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A proven track record of taking technical requirements, developing proof of concepts, and developing mature systems.
- A passion and proven ability to drive security that is frictionless, collaborative and effective
- Experience using software version control systems/Git and GitHub
- Ability to engineer solutions using Python, Ruby or Go
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
GitHub is how people build software. With a community of more than 14 million people, developers can discover, use and contribute to over 25 million projects using a powerful, collaborative workflow.
Whether using GitHub.com or your own instance of GitHub Enterprise, you can integrate GitHub with third party tools, from project management to continuous deployment, to build software in the way that works best for you.
Want to learn more about GitHub? Visit GitHub's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid