Senior Manager, Premium Support
GitHub, Remote - Asia Pacific
A development platform inspired by the way you work
More and more companies are using GitHub Enterprise, so the Support team is growing. When our customers have problems, they contact us and it is our goal to help them as quickly and awesomely as possible. We're looking for a Premium Support Manager, in the Asia Pacific Region, who will be responsible for the oversight and performance of a distributed staff answering customer support requests, triaging issues, and providing solutions.
The position reports to the Director of Premium Support and works closely with other teams and leaders across the company.
GitHub works remotely and asynchronously as much as possible. While this role does not require you to live near our office, it will require some travel to meet with co-workers, customers, and interview candidates.
- Manage, mentor, and coach team members
- Provide career development planning and guidance
- Meet 1-1 with team members on a regular basis
- Hire, onboard, and train new team members
- Manage resource allocation and assignment for Premium support customers
- Manage customer escalations and Sr. leadership communication during escalations
- Maintain cross-team communication between Product, Support, Engineering, and Sales
- Work with the Premium Support Director on the development and execution of team strategy
- Work with Premium Support managers/teams to foster cross team collaboration
- Facilitate the implementation of new processes to improve Premium support delivery
- Collect and analyze support metrics to drive improvements
- Experience leading a globally distributed Premium Support or Managed Services team
- Experience managing highly technical resources
- Experience developing and enhancing internal escalations and communication processes
- Experience with personnel hiring
- Stellar written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Enthusiasm for working directly with customers
- Passionate about creating and fostering good support practices
- Strong empathy for GitHub users and GitHub Support
- Scaled a quickly growing support team
- Experience working and managing remotely
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub
- Ability to look through and understand code (Ruby / Bash)
- Experience working with and troubleshooting Linux servers
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
GitHub is how people build software. With a community of more than 14 million people, developers can discover, use and contribute to over 25 million projects using a powerful, collaborative workflow.
Whether using GitHub.com or your own instance of GitHub Enterprise, you can integrate GitHub with third party tools, from project management to continuous deployment, to build software in the way that works best for you.
Want to learn more about GitHub? Visit GitHub's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos