GitHub BV is growing and looking for an experienced Office Manager to champion company culture and proactively remove points of friction in our HR operations as we scale. This role is based in Amsterdam, reporting to the Head of Workplace and working in tandem with our Director of HR Business Partners (both based in San Francisco HQ).
The ideal candidate has experience with running offices & developing a culture for startups and multinational companies, and is comfortable performing HR-related duties, including, but not limited to: benefits administration, employee relations, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment, employment law compliance, and L&D.
- Keep day-to-day office operations running smoothly at our Amsterdam office; handle employee requests, provide basic IT support, vendor management, coordinating repair and maintenance through the landlord, and coordinate office supply procurement.
- Assist the Head of HR with employee relations issues as and when they arise, performance management processes (including the end of year reviews) and staff transfers between countries, as well as, to identify and address learning and development needs of the employees in a systematic way.
- Provide remote administrative, operations, and HR support to the EMEA region as needed.
- Support the Social Impact and Events teams with organizing community events in Amsterdam.
- Link with finance for payroll processes and communication.
- Act as a nurturer of company culture. Working to ensure our environment is productive, fun, and stimulating.
- Minimum of 3 years of office operations experience in a rapidly growing organization.Excellent administrative and technical skills (HR Information systems; Excel; Powerpoint, etc.). Experience with Workday is a plus.
- Excellent administrative and technical skills (HR Information systems; Excel; Powerpoint, etc.). Experience with Workday is a plus.Good at multitasking and experience in a
- Good at multitasking and experience in a rapidly changing environment.
- Equally awesome written and verbal communication skills, you’ll be chatting with people online and off throughout the day.
- Able to handle sensitive information, discrete and high standard of integrity.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over fifteen million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Recruiter!
GitHub is how people build software. With a community of more than 14 million people, developers can discover, use and contribute to over 25 million projects using a powerful, collaborative workflow.
Whether using GitHub.com or your own instance of GitHub Enterprise, you can integrate GitHub with third party tools, from project management to continuous deployment, to build software in the way that works best for you.