Platform Identity Engineer
GitHub, Remote - US, Remote - Canada
A development platform inspired by the way you work
GitHub is looking for an Engineer to join a growing team focused on building and extending services within the Platform group. The Platform Engineering group is primarily responsible for building a platform for internal developers and external integrators. The identity and access management (IAM) team within the group is responsible for access control systems across all of our products including GitHub.com, GitHub for Business, and GitHub Enterprise. We keep our customers' data private, help our users administer large organizations, and provide services and abstractions for developers to build upon. We also form a corner of the foundation for extending GitHub through our API and GitHub Apps. The Engineering organization is highly distributed. We expect you to have strong written communication skills and be able to build working relationships with coworkers in locations around the globe.
- Writing robust, maintainable backend code
- Maintaining and improving the API used by both GitHubbers and external integrators
- Exploring the technical tradeoffs of every decision
- Reviewing code and leading group discussions about the projects we're working on
- Creatively coming up with systematic solutions to problems within the platform instead of focusing on one-off fixes
- Improving the scalability and performance for our platform
- 3+ years experience building building applications at scale
- Experience with Git and GitHub
- Experience with relational databases
- Knowledge of standard methodologies: monitoring, alerting, metrics
- Ability to empathize with a diverse range of engineers
- You are known for being a great communicator
- Experience with SAML, OAuth, and other IAM technologies
- Experience with business IAM workflows and requirements
- Experience building or extracting micro-services.
- Experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
- Able to communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over fifteen million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we're committed to quality, collaboration, experimentation...and shipping!
We constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Additionally, we enable Hubbers who are not based in HQ, to have the flexibility to work in ways that are most effective for them (at home, in a workspace, etc).
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Recruiter!
GitHub is how people build software. With a community of more than 14 million people, developers can discover, use and contribute to over 25 million projects using a powerful, collaborative workflow.
Whether using GitHub.com or your own instance of GitHub Enterprise, you can integrate GitHub with third party tools, from project management to continuous deployment, to build software in the way that works best for you.
Want to learn more about GitHub? Visit https://github.com
Jobs You May Like
Product Operations Software Engineer (DevOps / SRE)
Schoology, NYC HQ
Software Engineer Team Leader
Yotpo, Tel Aviv-Yafo
Forward Deployed Software Engineer, New Grad
Palantir Technologies, Copenhagen, Denmark
Creative Developer (University Grad)
Squarespace, New York, NY
Manager, IT Operations
Dataminr, New York
Software Engineer, Computer Vision
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA