Business Systems Analyst, Sr. - People Systems
GitHub, Remote - US
A development platform inspired by the way you work
GitHub is looking for a full-time Sr. Business Systems Analyst (People Systems) to join our Business Systems team. This role will help administer, scale, and expand our People Systems and Technology.
GitHub is the gateway for software development. Our impact and customers are global, and so is our vision. We're looking for someone who will materially advance our business and culture.
The Business Systems function is the technology group within Information Technology (IT) that makes Human Resources matters easy and intuitive for Hubbers. Our team optimizes global people processes, from problem definition to execution. We partner with teams across the organization, bringing innovation and technology to the way we attract, retain and grow Hubbers worldwide. We focus on providing an amazing experience to past, present and future Hubbers, and work in GitHub’s fast-paced environment to deliver numerous global operational services and programs that enable GitHub to manage their Workforce. Regardless of location or level of experience, members of the Business Systems team have the opportunity to create, develop and implement critical operations and programs that impact our global workforce.
We expect our platform to be fast and the same is true for our internal tools. Our team is made up of a diverse group who envision better processes, build them, reliably operate them, and then continually improve upon them. As a Senior Business Systems Analyst on the team, you think holistically about technology, the tools themselves, and the systems and processes that support them. Your projects use technology to streamline and drive processes that are essential to keeping our organization humming along. You have a bias for action and impeccable execution. You're a problem solver with drive and creativity who is constantly seeking to make our processes and systems better, faster, and more efficient.
Your role will be to help administer, implement, and optimize our People Systems, and assist with business process designs, system implementations, change management, training, and compliance. We are ever-evolving and improving so you will be on the lookout for ways to enhance our internal processes and architecture.
You'll partner with other awesome teams here at GitHub, such as People Operations, Learning and Development, Payroll, Talent Acquisition, Security, and Engineering to transform their challenges into systems-driven solutions. You’ll partner with our partners to understand, represent and lead the “voice of the customer” in identifying and prioritizing functionality enhancements, including international users.
Collectively, we're a resourceful bunch that enjoys mastering new and sometimes difficult subject matters, striving for efficient and effective processes, and working collaboratively to improve our systems.
Our primary customers are our internal business partners. We like to make sure they are set up to be successful by assisting in general change management during the introduction of process or system changes. Training and documentation is key, and you can expect to be educating Hubbers both one on one and in groups on how to use our people systems. You should be equally comfortable configuring and with providing excellent customer service.
This position is a remote position and reports to the Senior Manager, Systems and Solutions Architecture.
- Administer, design, and scale our People Systems, primarily the HRIS
- Assist with administration of Performance Management Systems, Benefits Systems, Compensation Systems, and other People Systems
- Build cross-functional partnerships in order to translate business requirements into systems-driven solutions
- Own and/or support various modules within Workday, HCM, Benefits, Onboarding, and Core/Advanced Compensation
- Lead and support continuous improvement and optimization of existing systems and programs
- Document end-to-end business processes, maintain best practices, procedures, and controls
- Maintain professional knowledge and skills relating to security, compliance, technology, and best practices and make recommendations for process or service improvements
- 4+ years of HRIS administration/configuration experience
- Experience being a team lead and/or facilitator
- Experience with business process analysis and business process improvement
- Experience producing visually appealing, persuasive, effective presentations
- Ability to work in a dynamic, ever-changing environment with some ambiguity
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong customer focus and change management skills and ability to find the best solution, taking into account conflicting priorities and needs
- Experience building reports
- Advanced excel skills
- Experience implementing, configuring, or consulting on an enterprise Saas HCM System
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- At least one full-cycle Workday implementation
- Experience working with and configuring other business systems (Greenhouse, Reflektive, etc.)
- Experience with supporting global initiatives and programs
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $89,200 to maximum $189,300 + bonus + equity + benefits.
· Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
GitHub is how people build software. With a community of more than 14 million people, developers can discover, use and contribute to over 25 million projects using a powerful, collaborative workflow.
Whether using GitHub.com or your own instance of GitHub Enterprise, you can integrate GitHub with third party tools, from project management to continuous deployment, to build software in the way that works best for you.
Want to learn more about GitHub? Visit GitHub's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.