Services Solutions Engineer - Central
GitHub, Remote - Central US
A development platform inspired by the way you work
GitHub is seeking a Services Solutions Engineer to work with an active team of professional services providers.
We're looking for a team member who applies customer-facing skills and GitHub knowledge to craft success paths for our customers. As a Services Solutions Engineer, you'll work directly with customers and your team for scoping, procuring, and coordinating service engagements.
This role engages with internal groups including finance, marketing, legal and engineering. While this role is remote-worker friendly, Chicago or other Central cities with access to airports are preferred.
- Build professional service opportunities with your sales colleagues and customers
- Guide your customers through GitHub's implementation, migration, training and consulting services
- Answer prospects' technical and GitHub platform-specific questions related to service offerings
- Host scoping call and pre-sales activities with customers to articulate needs and outline tasks for service providers
- Coordinate information sharing for a successful services engagement for your account, providers, and customer
- Work with your colleagues and the sales team to enable selling GitHub and services
- Assist your team in Salesforce records and opportunity forecasts
- Partner with the legal and finance team on document review, edits, and approval of customer contracts
- Experience with Software Development or DevOps
- Knowledge of the Git version control system
- Familiarity with the GitHub platform and associated workflows
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Great problem solving skills around technical, product, and business questions
- Experience working with legal and other internal teams to craft and deliver proposals and SOWs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to relate technical concepts to customers of all technical backgrounds
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Able to coordinate with teams across locations and time zones
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- 3+ years of sales, sales engineering, or technical business development
- Familiarity with legacy version control systems
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexible (ability to work across different time zones) and able to think quickly
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over fifteen million people use GitHub to build amazing things together. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Recruiter!
GitHub is how people build software. With a community of more than 14 million people, developers can discover, use and contribute to over 25 million projects using a powerful, collaborative workflow.
Whether using GitHub.com or your own instance of GitHub Enterprise, you can integrate GitHub with third party tools, from project management to continuous deployment, to build software in the way that works best for you.