Glossier is looking for a Senior Engineer, Data to be a key part of the team that designs, builds and maintain our data warehouse and associated systems that enable for reporting and analysis across the business. We are implementing the company’s next generation of data architecture using AWS Redshift and open source technologies.
The Senior Engineer, Data is responsible for technical leadership on the Data team, capable of owning technical design and delivery of our data warehouse and associated services and pipelines. The Senior Engineer, Data has strong analytical and problem-solving skills and is able to take complex business requests and transform them into a clean, simple and scalable data solution.
Senior Engineers at Glossier understand the business that their code supports and use this knowledge to make design decisions and prioritize tasks for themselves and their teams. Senior Engineers require very little oversight beyond high-level direction; they can take a complex user story or problem, break it down into sub-tasks, and complete their tasks with relative ease. The Senior Engineer shows initiative beyond knocking tasks off a list; they are able to identify and suggest areas of future work for themselves, their teams or the product set. They deliver products with confidence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline
- 3+ years as a Data Engineer or related position working with ETLs
- Experience with:
- Luigi, Airflow or other Workflow Management tools
- Columnar Databases (e.g. Redshift, Snowflake, Vertica)
- Experience building out a data pipeline in-house
- Experience building resilient systems that handle large volumes of data, concurrent processes, with high uptime, alerting, etc
- Pragmatic; comfortable working with a mix of bespoke, open source and other platforms
- Proficiency in command line tools
- Strong communication skills, and ability to identify with non-technical team members across the company
- Experience in e-commerce or consumer products
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and the desire to bring structure to undefined processes
- Excited by ambitious projects, high level of intellectual curiosity and comfort with ambiguity
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic, creative, entrepreneurial, self-starter attitude
- The ability to attract and recruit as the team grows
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
Glossier is a beauty brand inspired by what girls want in real life, made by editors who get what works. We test every beauty product under the sun, interview our icons, and are in constant conversation with Into The Gloss readers, our customers, and community. Everything we do is distilled into our essential, easy-to-use skincare and makeup products that enhance–never hide–your real skin.
Want to learn more about Glossier? Visit https://www.glossier.com/
Jobs You May Like
Sales Engineer, France
Okta, Paris, France
Software Engineer (Audio Applications) - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA
Decibel Insight, Denver
Software Engineer Intern
Addepar, Mountain View, CA
Software Engineer - Data Infrastructure