We are looking for an extremely organized, proactive “Jill/Jack of all trades” with a “no task too small” mentality to join our Creative organization as a Creative Operations Manager on the Creative Operations & Production team. Our in-house team is responsible for a range of Creative -- from Glossier’s brand voice and messaging, to video and photo production, to product and packaging design for each of our products. You will play a critical role in supporting all things Creative as we quickly grow and scale.
This role involves managing projects throughout the production cycle -- working closely with various cross-functional teams and stakeholders to maintain process and workflow and to ensure the smooth and timely production of all creative assets. The role will report into the Head of Creative Operations & Production.
- Operations & Process Management: Tweak existing creative processes and/or create new ones that help the Creative team produce quality work more quickly. Help define operational strategy and workflow for the team’s day-to-day operations.
- Project Management: Management of Creative-led, cross-functional projects or initiatives.
- Task & Timeline Management: Manage inflow of creative requests, assign and track all statuses, tasks and deadlines. Specifically a focus on: Cross-functional marketing campaign assets, video & photo shoots (paid and organic content), Creative Ad Hoc Production Requests
- Meeting Scheduling & Prep: Schedule meetings; prepare decks, agendas, take notes at team and applicable cross-functional project meetings
- Cross-Functional Project-Related Communications: Act as the point of contact within the Creative team and across broader business departments for any deadline / task / timeline updates
- Vendor & Freelance Management: Maintain a current roster of vendors and freelancers. Work closely with our Producers / Production Managers & Art Directors to source and RFP new talent and creative services.
- Contract / Budget / Invoice Management: Work closely with the rest of the team to manage and ensure the following -
- Contracts are signed by the appropriate stakeholders and sent & filed with the legal team
- All expenses and budgets are entered in a timely manner. Flag any over or under spending to Head of Creative Ops
- Ensure all vendors & freelancers are paid on time
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of relevant work experience, ideally in a start-up environment
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills a must, with strong attention to detail and a knack for follow through
- Must be strategic and proactive with strong initiative, able to anticipate need and adapt to situations as they arise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven experience in building long-term, productive relationships with peers and candidates
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Must be a team player with strong analytical and negotiation skills
- A creative aptitude & appreciation with a strong grasp of the Glossier brand
- Experience with task/timeline management tools: Asana, Basecamp, etc.
- Familiarity with production across both traditional media & digital/social media platforms
Glossier is a beauty brand inspired by what girls want in real life, made by editors who get what works. We test every beauty product under the sun, interview our icons, and are in constant conversation with our customers, community, and Into The Gloss readers. Everything we do is distilled into our essential, easy-to-use skincare and makeup products that enhance–never hide–your real skin.
Glossier lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, ships to the US, Canada, the UK, and Puerto Rico, and thinks you look nice today.
Glossier is a beauty brand inspired by what girls want in real life, made by editors who get what works. We test every beauty product under the sun, interview our icons, and are in constant conversation with Into The Gloss readers, our customers, and community. Everything we do is distilled into our essential, easy-to-use skincare and makeup products that enhance–never hide–your real skin.