Glossier is looking for an experienced quality and manufacturing engineering leader to define, develop and lead Quality Assurance within the Product Operations team. This position is a unique opportunity to build out the physical product QA function at Glossier, including defining quality processes, supplier audit procedures, manufacturing documentation and overall expectations of excellence to support each product launch and post-launch troubleshooting in mass production quantity. She/he will interact with many cross-functional teams from product development through to customer support, and be in constant communication with our vendor base, ensuring utmost quality for every product delivered to our customers.
- Build Glossier’s physical product Quality Assurance team, prioritizing customer product experience with the highest quality standards.
- Oversee manufacturing activities at each product launch and follow-on production. Draft, review and approve product specifications, quality standards, inspection SOPs, defect definitions, tolerance levels and AQLs for each layer of supply chain.
- Support the evolution of Glossier’s product development process, ensuring quality processes are in place to guarantee product excellence.
- Work with customer support team to establish strong ties and data in-flow for customer-reported quality concerns.
- Review DFMs with Contract Manufacturers and advise on optimization for scale-up from lab to small batch sample to mass production.
- Design and manage on-going functional testing, dimensional analysis and defective product evaluation for proactive and reactive problem solving at both scale-up and on-going production stages.
- Establish process and lead supplier facility audits for quality and CSR (corporate social responsibility), reviewing adequacy of supplier’s quality assurance programs for existing and new vendors and documenting all associated details.
- Interact with suppliers and regulatory agencies to ensure internal quality and regulatory requirements are met.
- Help vendors to design optimal incoming, in-line and outgoing quality inspection criteria and testing SOPs, and establish communication protocol for sharing this data.
- Develop and apply in-depth understanding of Glossier’s manufacturing processes and work with product and packaging development teams to influence future product roadmap and product decisions.
- Do whatever it takes to scale up the production and prevent defect escape to end customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or other technical related discipline
- 7+ years of quality experience within manufacturing, processing, engineering or similar environment in chemical or hardware industry
- Experience in GMP/cGMP processes and documentation requirements
- Quality tool knowledge in data collection, process control via SQC, SPC, DOE
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Team player with strong interpersonal and executive communication skills
- Schedule to support domestic and international travel (up to 40%)
- Ability to multitask and adapt to a rapidly evolving product environment
- Experience working in a fast-paced start-up culture
- Six Sigma certification
- Experience building an organization
- Creative aptitude and/or appreciation with a strong grasp of the Glossier brand
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
Glossier is a beauty brand inspired by what girls want in real life, made by editors who get what works. We test every beauty product under the sun, interview our icons, and are in constant conversation with Into The Gloss readers, our customers, and community. Everything we do is distilled into our essential, easy-to-use skincare and makeup products that enhance–never hide–your real skin.
Want to learn more about Glossier? Visit Glossier's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Product Designer
XO Group, Austin
Senior UI/UX Designer
TALA, Santa Monica
Senior Product Marketing Manager - Music
Eventbrite, San Francisco, California
Footwear Senior Pattern Maker - Vietnam
Brooks Running, Vietnam, HCM City
Product Design Director
Meetup, New York
Senior Engineer - Motor Control and Software
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA