As the Head of Transportation you will be responsible for both inbound and outbound transportation networks. Inbound transportation consists of coordinating FTL, LTL, Train and Ocean freight shipments between our component suppliers, finished good suppliers and fulfillment centers but domestically and internationally. Outbound transportation consists of our network of parcel carriers that deliver from our fulfillment centers in the US and UK to our customers. Overall this role will ensure best in class management and execution for all aspects of transportation for Glossier.
6 Month Expectations:
- Be the subject matter expert on all inbound and outbound transportation matters from operational performance to financial impact
- Ensure a rigorous, score card based evaluation system for each transportation partner is in place along with regular MBR with each major transportation partner
- Understand the current overall network and develop an initial roadmap for ensuring it can support our growth.
12 Month Expectations:
- Develop a clear strategic vision for how the transportation network should evolve with Growth of Glossier
- Create a regular process for evaluating and the transportation network and identifying opportunities for improving service and decreasing costs.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Inclusive, curious, devoted to the customer, courageous, and discerning
- Experience in eCommerce is preferred
- Experience with managing freight and parcel shipping partners
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination
Glossier is a beauty brand inspired by what girls want in real life, made by editors who get what works. We test every beauty product under the sun, interview our icons, and are in constant conversation with Into The Gloss readers, our customers, and community. Everything we do is distilled into our essential, easy-to-use skincare and makeup products that enhance–never hide–your real skin.