Specialist Staff Physician - Hematology/Oncology (Connected Care Program)
Grand Rounds, Remote
Expert guidance. Expert care.
- Directly serve members by providing clinical services within the scope of Grand Rounds’ products.
- Assess members’ hematology/oncology needs, navigating them to the clinically appropriate care, provider, or health care benefit to ensure high quality care.
- Support the greater clinical team by consulting on hematology/oncology issues.
- Work with our training team to train clinical and non-clinical staff as appropriate on hematology/oncology care.
- Assist leadership in building hematology/oncology solutions for membership.
- Participate in the development of Grand Rounds’ long-term hematology/oncology strategy.
- Time spent on hematology/oncology product and strategy versus member interaction and clinical consults vary over time. The Physician will provide key specialist physician insights for the organization, while also participating in front-line member interaction, with percentage of time spent on various duties dynamically adjusting to meet organizational needs.
- Licensed physician in good standing with the medical board of his/her state.
- Completed residency and practiced for several years (desired, not required).
- Board certified (or board-eligible if taking boards this year),
- Hematology/oncology background.
- Comfortable discussing medical conditions from a wide variety of specialties (not limited to individual specialty training).
- Highly Empathetic. You’ll work with patients and their families who are going through challenging times. You need to keep perspective, be empathetic, and be reassuring that you will help them.
- Efficient. We are a fast growing company and we are busy! You will have lots of work to do and will be expected to meet volume goals without sacrificing quality. We’ll give you the tools you need to succeed, but you’ll have to be an efficient worker.
- Flexible and comfortable with working in a rapidly-changing environment. Grand Rounds is constantly evolving, and our clinicians need to be able to thrive in these types of situations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. You will spend a lot of time on the phone with patients and families, therefore the ability to gather a clinical history, answer questions, and give a great “phone experience” is critical.
- Able to handle a fast-paced environment with competing priorities. You need good judgment to appropriately juggle your responsibilities.
- Able and willing to work until 6:00 pm local time, with occasional weekend commitments as well.
- Strictly follow security and HIPAA regulations to protect our patients’ medical information.
- Pleasant, responsive, and willing to work with and learn from our team.
- Excel at communicating with patients and physicians, and enjoy doing so.
About Grand Rounds
Grand Rounds’ vision is to create a path to great health and health care, for everyone, everywhere. Founded in 2011, the company provides an employer-based solution that connects members and their families to high-quality care. With Grand Rounds, employers get a personalized, high-performance network at scale, while their employees get the tools and support needed to navigate their care on their own terms. Named Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company and second among Glassdoor’s 2016 Best Places to Work, Grand Rounds helps restore individual health and quality of life, and offers employers lower health care spend and higher employee productivity.