Senior Data Scientist - Behavioral Health
Grand Rounds, San Francisco, CA
Expert guidance. Expert care.
Example Projects include:
- Predict who may have a BH need. A member’s care can be greatly enhanced if a clinician is aware of BH risks or needs of the member they are speaking with. However, because BH is faced with a negative stigma in the United States or a member just may not know to bring it up, the member may not discuss their BH needs with the clinician. If we can determine BH associated risks that our members face, our clinicians can professionally ask relevant questions to better treat, guide, and route members through the health care system. We strive to build NLP tools and systems to mine our rich text-based data to determine the types of BH risks/needs our members may have. We use the minimum necessary de-identified data to derive insights, and these insights are presented only to the treating professionals.
- BH provider quality modeling. Unfortunately, not all providers are equal. Due to differences in judgment, training, and prior experience we find that there is a huge range in the clinical outcomes they can drive. Further, as different providers have different expertise, it is a non-trivial problem to determine which patients are best treated by which providers. Grand Rounds is a leader in the field of determining clinical quality, and we hope to further extend our tooling and modeling expertise to additional aspects of BH. Instead of just going to a generic in-network provider, this effort will help route our members to providers with a proven track record in the specific area of their need.
- Help imagine and then create the Grand Rounds Behavioral Health offering
- Help build the tooling to make sense of rich, largely untapped data assets, including text-based dataLead and develop major projects from end-to-end encompassing planning, design, technical implementation, debugging, roll-out to Product & Engineering, testing, and iteration
- Operate at level of sophistication in statistics, machine learning, or computer science that is publication-worthy
- Regularly monitor pull requests, perform code reviews, and produce excellent peer reviews on projects prior to shipping to Product & Engineering
- Evaluate and experiment with new technologies and tools prior to wider adoption by the team
- Work closely with analysts, data scientists, product managers, clinicians, and engineers
- BS with 8+ years or MS with 6+ years or PhD with 3+ years of experience. Degree(s) should be in a technical discipline such as Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Physics, Math, quantitative social science
- Work experience leading complex Data Science and Engineering projects
- Experience with NLP techniques for text representation (e.g. n-grams, sentiment analysis, bag of words, vectorization, etc.), semantic extraction / named entity recognition, annotation, summarization, relation extraction, and intent recognition. Conversational agent experience is a plus
- Experience with SQL relational databases as well as big data
- Required: Python, SQL, Linux Shell Scripting
- Frequent user of cloud computing platforms such as Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- Excellent verbal communications, including the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical collaborators
- Business intuition and product sense that help you identify the most impactful projects to work on to address current and future business needs
- Bonus Points for: background in Behavioral Health or Healthtech
About Grand Rounds
Grand Rounds’ vision is to create a path to great health and health care, for everyone, everywhere. Founded in 2011, the company provides an employer-based solution that connects members and their families to high-quality care. With Grand Rounds, employers get a personalized, high-performance network at scale, while their employees get the tools and support needed to navigate their care on their own terms. Named Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company and second among Glassdoor’s 2016 Best Places to Work, Grand Rounds helps restore individual health and quality of life, and offers employers lower health care spend and higher employee productivity.
Want to learn more about Grand Rounds? Visit Grand Rounds's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
Jobs You May Like
First Look Media
Shorts Coordinator, IF/Then (Temp)
First Look Media, New York, NY