Example projects include:
- Driving Clinical Outcomes and Savings. You will play a key role in optimizing the quality of care delivered to Grand Rounds Health’s members and customers and minimizing the total cost of that care. You will develop new machine learning models using our modeling platform to understand how care is delivered to patients, and help patients discover the providers that will deliver the best care for them. Additionally, you will be responsible for developing measurement strategies for estimating the impact of these models and communicating that impact to internal stakeholders.
- Modeling of Member Journey. As Grand Rounds Health has expanded its product offerings to members, the Data Science team has access to a wealth of data about how people use these products. Modeling work in this area ranges from identifying members that are most in need of specific services to predicting expected value of interactions with a member to customizing services to a member’s unique needs. In this role you will work cross-functionally with product, engineering, marketing and clinical teams to drive product direction and provide better care for members.
- Enhance Care Team Efficiency. Over the last few months Grand Rounds Health has experienced an increase in demand from members looking for support to navigate their healthcare needs in an uncertain environment. Data Science can be an important partner in helping the Care Team provide the best experience to members. Structured data from Care Team interactions can route members to the right services, provide continuity throughout the care plan, and increase member satisfaction. Measurement across interactions can help to identify opportunities for efficiency improvements, inform product innovations, and help Grand Rounds Health respond dynamically to changing needs. This role provides the opportunity to join an early stage research effort and be instrumental in setting the direction of future initiatives.
- Develop creative solutions to diverse problems including engineering challenges, unstructured data messes, ontology development, and machine learning applications
- Lead and develop major projects from end-to-end encompassing planning, design, technical implementation, debugging, roll-out to Product & Engineering, testing, and iteration
- Operate at level of sophistication in statistics, machine learning, or computer science that is publication-worthy
- Regularly monitor pull requests, perform code reviews, and produce excellent peer reviews on projects prior to shipping to Product & Engineering
- Evaluate and experiment with new technologies and tools prior to wider adoption by the team
- Work closely with analysts, data scientists, product managers, and engineers
- Excellent verbal communications, including the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical collaborators
- BS with 8+ years or MS with 6+ years or PhD with 3+ years of experience. Degree(s) should be in a technical discipline such as Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Physics, Math, quantitative social science
- Work experience as a tech lead on cross-functional initiatives highly desired
- Required: Python, SQL, linux shell scripting
- Experience with SQL relational databases as well as the Hadoop ecosystem: Hive, Spark, Presto, etc
- Experience with machine learning and computational statistics packages (sci-kit learn, nltk, statsmodels, networkx, gephi, arules, glmnet, bigrf, caret, igraph, MLLib, GraphX, MADlib, Weka, etc)
- Experience with visualization tools (seaborn, d3, plotly, bokeh, Looker)
- Frequent user of cloud computing platforms such as Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- Bonus Points for: experience with web application frameworks (Flask) and end-to-end model deployment
- Double Bonus Points: previous work on medical applications and/or with claims data
About Grand Rounds
Grand Rounds’ vision is to create a path to great health and health care, for everyone, everywhere. Founded in 2011, the company provides an employer-based solution that connects members and their families to high-quality care. With Grand Rounds, employers get a personalized, high-performance network at scale, while their employees get the tools and support needed to navigate their care on their own terms. Named Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company and second among Glassdoor’s 2016 Best Places to Work, Grand Rounds helps restore individual health and quality of life, and offers employers lower health care spend and higher employee productivity.
Want to learn more about Grand Rounds? Visit Grand Rounds's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.