Software Engineer - Data Modeling
Grand Rounds, Remote
Expert guidance. Expert care.
You’re a great fit for the team if:
- You’ve seen the results of underinvestment in data, and want to work at a successful company willing to make investments in data so that it can be even more successful
- You’re a software engineer that enjoys working in and on a data platform with strong analysis skills
- You’re discontent with “good enough” and need to get to the bottom of bad smelling data, working with subject matter experts and digging in to get to truth
What You Will Do:
- Deliver simple domain-specific datasets to our care-team analysts covering areas of interest such as “how effectively do we answer calls from our patients” and “what is the quality of care that we deliver to our members”, to ease the cognitive burden on users of our data
- Build data infrastructure for ETL and implement data science models on the growing number of datasets we have for patients, employers, doctors, treatments, and outcomes
- Build and maintain high-performance, fault-tolerant, secure, and scalable distributed software systems
- Lead development of various projects and capabilities of the platform
- Automate new data pipelines, validate data, and test your code
- Gather requirements and work cross functionally across internal teams
- You have 4+ years professional experience as a software developer
- Experience with open-source big data frameworks (Spark, Hadoop), data warehouses (BigQuery, RedShift) and Databases (MySQL, Redis)
- You show strong experience using TDD in a production environment
- You have proficiency with cluster management and parallel processing
- You have experience with SQL, relational databases and ETL techniques
- Experience with data modeling and metadata management
About Grand Rounds
Grand Rounds’ vision is to create a path to great health and health care, for everyone, everywhere. Founded in 2011, the company provides an employer-based solution that connects members and their families to high-quality care. With Grand Rounds, employers get a personalized, high-performance network at scale, while their employees get the tools and support needed to navigate their care on their own terms. Named Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company and second among Glassdoor’s 2016 Best Places to Work, Grand Rounds helps restore individual health and quality of life, and offers employers lower health care spend and higher employee productivity.
Want to learn more about Grand Rounds? Visit Grand Rounds's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Jobs You May Like
Security Engineer - Identity and Access Management [Remote - A...
Confluent, Mountain View, California