- Be the lead legal team member responsible for handling all HR and employment related matters pertaining to our business operations, as well as advising and overseeing employment and other litigation matters and disputes more generally.
- Report directly to the General Counsel.
- Counsel senior management and team leaders on a variety of labor employment and compliance issues, including hiring, workplace conduct, accommodations, FLSA, benefits, separations, employee relations and M&A transactions and integrations, all while appropriately balancing business needs and risk mitigation
- Supervise and lead outside employment attorneys and other legal professionals
- Manage litigation and defense strategy, arbitrations, internal investigations, communications with federal and state agencies, and responses to correspondence from attorneys and other relevant parties
- Analyze judicial and legislative developments and structure and implement strategies, trainings, policies and procedures to mitigate legal risk
- Oversee and instruct external counsel; manage budgets and associated forecasting and reporting requirements
- Assist with various other non-employment litigation and other legal matters
- This role requires a person to possess a strong analytical mindset, coupled with a strong employment and litigation background. The ideal candidate will have a practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving, tempered by an appreciation of legal complexity and risk. We seek strong credentials including a JD and membership in good standing in at least one state bar, including eligibility to practice in California either directly or through in-house registration.
- 8+ years combined years of experience, primarily in employment advice and litigation, with a top-tier law firm and/or in-house legal department (high-growth company experience a plus)
- Proven ability to manage a team in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with an ability to distill complex legal issues and provide sound, clear legal advice to senior leaders and others
- Experience with local, state and federal employment laws, familiarity with California, Minnesota, Nevada, and/or Maine preferred
- A team player with low ego who can effectively work with and manage other attorneys and legal professionals
About Grand Rounds
Grand Rounds’ vision is to create a path to great health and health care, for everyone, everywhere. Founded in 2011, the company provides an employer-based solution that connects members and their families to high-quality care. With Grand Rounds, employers get a personalized, high-performance network at scale, while their employees get the tools and support needed to navigate their care on their own terms. Named Rock Health’s 2018 Fastest Growing Company and second among Glassdoor’s 2016 Best Places to Work, Grand Rounds helps restore individual health and quality of life, and offers employers lower health care spend and higher employee productivity.
Want to learn more about Grand Rounds? Visit Grand Rounds's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.