Senior Backend Engineer, Gamechanger
Gray Scalable, New York, NY
Customized HR solutions for startup and growth-stage tech companies
- Work with a small team of talented and driven polyglot engineers
- Build the backend infrastructure and APIs supporting our family of iOS, Android, and web applications
- Build and maintain systems supporting billions of records and millions of transactions with high concurrency
- Support and collaborate with multiple user-facing teams to develop reusable and scalable architectures and tools
- Provide mentorship and technical guidance to other engineers and also be open to learning from peers
- Promote responsible engineering practices (including automated unit and stress testing, engineering for data security, resiliency, scalability, etc.)
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in computer science or a related field
- 8+ years software development experience
- Comfort working across multiple languages, storage systems, and frameworks
- Experience designing and implementing large, massively scalable, feature-rich APIs
- Deep understanding of relational data modeling, ORM, and database tuning (PostgreSQL experience preferred)
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, especially in complex systems
- Proficient in modern Node.js, TypeScript, Go, Java, or asynchronous Python
- Familiarity with data networking and cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Ability and interest in learning new technologies quickly
- Be part of a diverse team of genuinely kind and interesting individuals dedicated to improving the lives of our customers.
- Benefits include medical, vision, prescription, dental, FSA/HRA, and coverage for family/dependents.
- Generous maternity / paternity leave policy
- Well-furnished, modern office
- Commuter Benefits
- Endless supply of snacks and drinks
- Learning opportunities, such as clubs, lunch & learns, hack days, conference attendance
- Organized lunches, happy hours, and team outings
About Gray Scalable
Based out of New York City and Los Angeles, Gray Scalable partners with the world's leading tech companies to help them build the best teams possible.
Offering their services throughout the country and Europe, Gray Scalable is committed to delivering short-term results and long-term value, embedding team members onsite to support the recruiting process or to build and implement HR growth solutions.
They know it’s important for a company to define its values - and to live them. They ensure to embed their own company values into everything they deliver.
Want to learn more about Gray Scalable? Visit Gray Scalable's website.
Jobs You May Like
Engineering Manager- Mobile Platform
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Developer Evangelist - PHP
Twilio, London, UK
Spark/Real-Time Analytics Consultant
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA
Senior Quality Automation Engineer, Cloud - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Stibo STEP Application Consultant (m/f/x)
Website Product Owner
Endurance International Group, Burlington, MA