Compensation & People Operations Analyst
Gray Scalable, New York, NY
Customized HR solutions for startup and growth-stage tech companies
Gray Scalable has helped build dozens of NYC’s strongest startups - and our own team is scaling up too! At GS, we provide a full range of people solutions across HR disciplines, including org design and compensation, recruiting, performance management, L&D, and custom programs from strategy to culture to people policies.
We are adding a Compensation & People Operations Analyst to partner directly with clients and our HR Consulting team to assess, build out, and scale our clients’ people functions and compensation practices. As a People Operations Analyst, you will report to our Head of Compensation & People Analytics and will play a key role in optimizing existing and creating new systems, tools, and processes. We’re looking for someone with demonstrated core skills in people analytics, compensation, and reporting, and a genuine interest in working with some of the best startups across the US.
- Partner with HR Consultants to support our clients with compensation and org design analysis and recommendations
- Independently review client data to ensure accuracy, organize data into usable formats for the Gray Scalable team, and conduct client research to support recommendations
- Build client presentations, including data visualizations and written content, to tell the story of our clients’ current People data and our recommendations for the future
- Support critical people analytics projects for clients and Gray Scalable, including employee survey analysis, recruiting reporting, retention metrics (among others!)
- Build on existing practices and create new ways to analyze compensation & People data and trends.
- Build reports and tools used by our clients to manage their performance / annual compensation cycle(s) and pay equity review processes.
- Communicate and consult directly with our clients on their data and existing pay practices and other areas of people operations.
- Demonstrated experience working with HR/People data and compensation - you understand why certain information is important to collect and review, and how it connects to business goals and the employee experience.
- Olympic-level Excel/Google Sheets skills - you can easily build vlookups, pivot tables, averageifs (and other ‘ifs’) and nested statements to get the answer you’re looking for, but you are continuously interested in learning new ways of doing things and knowledge sharing with a team
- A genuine love of reporting and tool-building.
- HR/Recruiting experience - a general familiarity with HR functional areas is helpful, and a strong interest in the field is essential
- Writing skills - effective communication with our clients is critical, and we love when our employees provide thought leadership externally by blogging on trends and topics.
- Experience with compensation data sets common in tech companies (Radford, AdvancedHR/Option Impact, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with startup-friendly ATSes, like Greenhouse or Lever is a big plus; Familiarity with Tableau also a plus.
- An eagerness to learn, an aptitude for collaboration, and a good sense of humor.
Gray Scalable is an inclusive environment that embraces and welcomes diversity of every kind. We believe that cultivating inclusive cultures translates directly to business success, employee satisfaction and retention, and long term value creation. We believe this for our clients and for ourselves. We bring our full, authentic selves to work, and expect and encourage all members of our team to share ideas and speak their truth. We value a diverse workforce, and strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
About Gray Scalable
Based out of New York City and Los Angeles, Gray Scalable partners with the world's leading tech companies to help them build the best teams possible.
Offering their services throughout the country and Europe, Gray Scalable is committed to delivering short-term results and long-term value, embedding team members onsite to support the recruiting process or to build and implement HR growth solutions.
They know it’s important for a company to define its values - and to live them. They ensure to embed their own company values into everything they deliver.
Want to learn more about Gray Scalable? Visit Gray Scalable's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.