HR Consultant, Gray Scalable
Gray Scalable, New York, NY
Customized HR solutions for startup and growth-stage tech companies
Gray Scalable has helped build dozens of NYC’s strongest startups and our team is scaling up, too! We are adding an experienced Human Resources Consultant to partner directly with our clients to build and scale their people function.
Our HR Consultants serve many functions at our clients, and often are an interim head of HR until a full-time people leader is hired. In addition to being thought leaders for small clients, we also help larger established HR departments with projects that require temporary additional bandwidth or specific expertise. We provide a full range of people solutions across HR disciplines, including org design, compensation, performance management, L&D, coaching, and people analytics.
We’re looking for a true HR generalist who has the experience and credibility to influence and consult at the executive level. The ideal candidate can function strategically and tactically - and has equal enthusiasm for high level and detailed, operational work.
Some additional things we’re looking for:
- Proven experience as an HR partner at a tech startup. You’ve gone through the growing pains of a tech startup, and have successfully implemented the right policies and programs to promote business growth and cultivate a best-place-to-work culture. (Note: large company experience helps, too!)
- A balanced art-and-science approach. You have a sharp analytical mind, and also know how to put data findings into context for realistic, actionable recommendations.
- Intellectual curiosity. You know a lot, but you’re not done growing. You have confidence in your ability to learn, but you also seek out feedback so you can do your best.
- High integrity. Our reputation and our brand is critical, and we always do what’s best for our clients and the people we represent.
- Operational excellence. You get things done, and you do what you say you’re going to do. You have the ability and enthusiasm to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Outstanding client management skills. You understand the importance of business courtesy. You treat people well, and will be a great representative of our company.
- A sense of humor and an open mind. You’ll need to fit into many different client teams and cultures - and we’re a fun bunch. We like what we do, and like working together.
- A passion for inclusive people practices. You have an understanding of the basics of DEI as it applies to HR initiatives, and interest and engagement in the domain.
- At least 7 years of work experience in HR.
Gray Scalable is an inclusive environment that embraces and welcomes diversity of every kind. We believe that cultivating inclusive cultures translates directly to business success, employee satisfaction and retention, and long term value creation. We believe this for our clients and for ourselves. We bring our full, authentic selves to work, and expect and encourage all members of our team to share ideas and speak their truth. We value a diverse workforce, and strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
About Gray Scalable
Based out of New York City and Los Angeles, Gray Scalable partners with the world's leading tech companies to help them build the best teams possible.
Offering their services throughout the country and Europe, Gray Scalable is committed to delivering short-term results and long-term value, embedding team members onsite to support the recruiting process or to build and implement HR growth solutions.
They know it’s important for a company to define its values - and to live them. They ensure to embed their own company values into everything they deliver.
Want to learn more about Gray Scalable? Visit Gray Scalable's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.