Greatist is on a mission to change the way people think about health and fitness. It’s an amazing time to be a part of our company as we’re shaping the future of how we work and how we connect deeply with the world. We’ve got the backing to do life-changing work and we’re doing it together. Our extraordinary, empowered misfit team of dreamers, makers, and content creators are all working together to define what it means to have a healthy attitude in life. We’re looking for people that will add to our culture and join us on this mission.
About the Role / Why This Position Rocks
The Web and Mobile Developer responsible for building apps and mobile applications under Agile project management method.
Responsibilities / What Impact You Can Make
- Programming health + fitness consumer iPhone applications using XCode, and Objective-C.
- Architecture the iPhone application to be scalable under heavy load plus monitor and manage the cloud web infrastructure.
- Web Application Monitoring & Performance Management.
- Interfacing with external Application Programming Interfaces (API) in order to pull in different data sources.
- Project management using complex project management techniques, including but not limited to the ITIL method, agile and waterfall to manage the application development process and communicate between stackholders
- After finishing the mobile application; work on the mobile web application
- Master’s in Computer Science + 1 year of exp. creating iPhone applications using XCode, and Objective-C. Knowledge of scaling iPhone applications
- How RESTful endpoints work and how to parse and consume JSON endpoints
- CSS, HTML5, JS, the DOM model, W3C Standards and mobile accessibility guidelines
Life at Greatist
Launched in 2011, Greatist is now the fastest-growing site in the health space with 10 million uniques every month. This year we won the Webby Award for Best Social Health & Fitness site and we’ve won the People's Voice Webby Award for the best Lifestyle site on the freakin' Internet three years in a row. We were even named one of The 15 Best Startups to Work for in America!
For more on our world-class benefits, check out our careers page.
Greatist wants to help you find what’s good for you. Not like "eat your vegetables, they're good for you." More like “here are some choices you can realistically make and feel good about.” Sure, our articles are science-backed and expert-approved. But we're not the experts—we’re like your friend who’s a little further along—and we know who to turn to for answers and ideas that cut through the noise. We'll empower you to improve and celebrate you when you get better. We're non-judgmental, open-minded, and totally get that the struggle is real—because we've been there too.
Want to learn more about Greatist? Visit Greatist's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one