Greenhouse, New York City
Helping companies find better candidates and improve their entire recruiting process
Greenhouse is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead one of our full-stack development teams!
Greenhouse's fast growth and focus on continuous improvement means that you'll see something new every week. Our Engineering Managers are technical and managerial, so you'll use both sides of your brain: writing and reviewing code, designing systems, growing the team, running planning sessions and mentoring.
Learn more about our engineering culture here!
Who will love this job:
- A leader, you recruit and retain extraordinary engineering teams
- A problem solver, you enjoy taking on challenging technical projects
- A people-person, you are hard-working, humble, and curious
- A doer, you are iterative in your approach to working with fellow managers and your team
What you'll do:
- Lead a team of 5-7 engineers with a focus on coaching, mentorship and growth
- Create a team dynamic that is inclusive, open-minded, respectful, and effective
- Maintain a high quality code base, participate in coding and code reviews
- Participate in system design and influence technical strategy conversations across the engineering team
- Build and deploy a set of globally utilized products
- Contribute to breaking up our monolith codebase
You should have:
- Experience in building and retaining a distributed engineering team and culture
- Proven Computer Science fundamentals
- Prior experience in developing a complex, multi-tenant web application
- Experience with modern front-end technologies and best practices
- A deep understanding of modern web applications and API design; experience with issues related to scale, security, availability, deployment, and server maintenance
- Experience with development best practices, including continuous integration, automated testing, source control, and code reviews
- An understanding of AWS or other cloud infrastructures
Pay, Perks & Such:
At Greenhouse, we love to celebrate our diverse group of hardworking employees – and it shows. We’re proud to say that in 2018, we’ve been ranked #2 by Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, #10 Best Company Culture to work for by Comparably, #37 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and are recognized on Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list. We pride ourselves on our collaborative culture that is pervasive throughout every step of a Greenhouse employee's journey. Starting with our interviews and continuing through our executive “Ask Me Anything” sessions, collaboration is at the heart of working at Greenhouse.
We offer a full slate of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, FSA, HSA, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and a parental leave program. And... we offer some not-so-standard, extra-fun benefits, including learning & development stipends, adoption and fertility benefits, an employee discount platform, and of course, fully stocked fridges and cold brew on tap. :)
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and different industries to apply. Come join us, and find out what the best work of your career could look like here at Greenhouse.
Greenhouse is an applicant tracking system and recruiting software designed to help companies find better candidates and improve their entire recruiting process.
Be a Better Greenhouse Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Greenhouse when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Greenhouse? Visit Greenhouse's website.
Jobs You May Like
Manager, Vehicle Platform Integration & Test
Lyft, Palo Alto, CA
Lead RF Engineer
Fitbit, US - San Diego
Engineering Manager - Reddit Gifts
Reddit, Dublin, Ireland
Sales Engineer - Mid Market
Machine Learning Engineer - Product
Nextdoor, San Francisco, CA
Ruby Backend Developer
Piktochart, Penang or Remote in SEA / Europe