Director of IT
Greenhouse, New York City
Helping companies find better candidates and improve their entire recruiting process
Greenhouse is looking for a Director of IT to lead Greenhouse into its next stage of distributed growth. This is an incredible opportunity for a seasoned IT leader to make their mark on a growing team within a maturing tech company.
In addition to scaling the team, this director will ensure our internal IT support customers, business systems, and distributed workforce have a world-class experience. You will lay the foundations for international expansion, and ensure infrastructure improvements align with company goals, and be a champion of our culture of empathy and success.
This position is a People Manager and reports into the Chief Technology Officer. Learn more about our engineering culture here!
Who will love this job…
- A proud advocate you will stop at nothing to make sure people have the tools necessary to do their jobs, while leading a compassionate, responsive, inventive, and effective team
- A team player with the ability to collaborate effortlessly with multiple, sometimes distributed, stakeholders to develop creative solutions
- A leader who can develop a vision and mentor a growing team of ambitious IT experts to achieve it
- A process specialist who loves using data and metrics to inform strategic decisions and future planning
- A techie, you love solving novel technical challenges that come your way
What you’ll do…
- Recruit, mentor, train and scale an IT team that is reliable, friendly, and facilitates productivity
- Work with the CTO to strategize a scaling plan - likely international - to meet the needs for a growing, distributed workforce
- Elevate the capabilities of our IT team while collaborating with Greenhouse’s Security and Employee Experience teams
- Support continual improvement of our video/audio, Apple products and wifi capabilities by creating a tight operation with a focus on metrics and data-driven decisions.
- Help us to unlock potential business synergies through technology
You should have…
- Ability to perform hands-on IT support in conjunction with the team
- Technology leadership experience, preferably in a B2B SaaS environment
- A deep understanding of networking concepts and operating systems (we’re primarily a Mac shop)
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- A customer-service mindset
- ITIL certification, nice to have
Pay, Perks & Such:
At Greenhouse, we love to celebrate our diverse group of hardworking employees – and it shows. We’re proud to say that in 2018, we’ve been ranked #2 by Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, #10 Best Company Culture to work for by Comparably, #37 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and are recognized on Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list. We pride ourselves on our collaborative culture that is pervasive throughout every step of a Greenhouse employee's journey. Starting with our interviews and continuing through our executive “Ask Me Anything” sessions, collaboration is at the heart of working at Greenhouse.
We offer a full slate of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, FSA, HSA, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and a parental leave program. And... we offer some not-so-standard, extra-fun benefits, including learning & development stipends, adoption and fertility benefits, an employee discount platform, and of course, fully stocked fridges and cold brew on tap. :)
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and different industries to apply. Come join us, and find out what the best work of your career could look like here at Greenhouse.
Greenhouse is an applicant tracking system and recruiting software designed to help companies find better candidates and improve their entire recruiting process.
Be a Better Greenhouse Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Greenhouse when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Greenhouse? Visit Greenhouse's website.
Jobs You May Like
SF Labs Engineering Manager
Pivotal Software, San Francisco, California
QA Engineer / Senior QA Engineer, Automation
Lead Hardware Engineer
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Chief Flight Test Engineer
Boom Supersonic, Denver, CO
Versus Systems, Los Angeles, CA
metromile, SF Folsom