Director of DE&I
Greenhouse, New York City
Helping companies find better candidates and improve their entire recruiting process
Greenhouse is looking for our very first Director of DE&I to strategically align, build the roadmap for, and scale Greenhouse’s DE&I efforts as we grow.
As the Director of DE&I at Greenhouse, you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact not just on our internal teams but also on the customer communities we serve through Greenhouse’s external community events (e.g., OPEN and Roadshow). And you’ll be doing it with two Founders and an Executive Team who are eager to make sure everyone at Greenhouse can do their best work as we grow and scale.
This role reports directly to the VP of People.
Who will love this job:
- A strategic thinker, you think long-term and map short-term goals to a clear vision and long-term plan; you bring focus & clarity to unstructured problems
- A partner, you thrive on getting stuff done by building strong partnerships both within and external to the business you support
- An inspiring leader, you’re passionate about the work you do and love to connect the dots between business impact and people-centric work
- An influencer, you thrive in front of any audience, and drive awareness, dedication, and accountability across the organization, and
- An exceptional and empathetic communicator, you thrive on helping people bridge the gap between perspectives
- A builder, whether it’s bringing together disparate efforts/initiatives or starting from scratch, you love creating something new
What you’ll do:
- Define and execute on a cohesive DE&I strategy and roadmap for Greenhouse
- Partner with our internal teams as our DE&I SME and consultant
- Partner with People teams to build/expand our existing DE&I efforts and integrate a DE&I lens into our processes, projects, and initiatives
- Enable and accelerate our internal communities by building/providing infrastructure and accelerating education/literacy in the organization
- Broadcast industry best-practices, trends, and thought-leadership in the DE&I space
- Be an external-facing leadership presence at OPEN, Roadshows, and industry events
You should have:
- 7+ years of forward-thinking People/HR experience
- 2-3+ years experience in community-building and/or DE&I
- A track record in successfully enabling DE&I efforts in a distributed, growing organization, including building ERGs
- Demonstrable experience translating data and analytics to drive compelling stories and organizational transformation
- Experience working with recruiting teams and senior executives
- Experience as an HR Business Partner, preferred
- Experience in 1,000+ person companies or high-growth environments, preferred
- Your own unique talents - if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a phenomenal fit for this role in your cover letter.
Pay, Perks & Such:
At Greenhouse, we love to celebrate our diverse group of hardworking employees – and it shows. We’re proud to say that in 2018, we’ve been ranked #2 by Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, #10 Best Company Culture to work for by Comparably, #37 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and are recognized on Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list. We pride ourselves on our collaborative culture that is pervasive throughout every step of a Greenhouse employee's journey. Starting with our interviews and continuing through our executive “Ask Me Anything” sessions, collaboration is at the heart of working at Greenhouse.
We offer a full slate of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, FSA, HSA, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and a parental leave program. And... we offer some not-so-standard, extra-fun benefits, including learning & development stipends, adoption and fertility benefits, an employee discount platform, and of course, fully stocked fridges and cold brew on tap. :)
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and different industries to apply. Come join us, and find out what the best work of your career could look like here at Greenhouse.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Greenhouse is an applicant tracking system and recruiting software designed to help companies find better candidates and improve their entire recruiting process.
Be a Better Greenhouse Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Greenhouse when you watch classes taught by their top employees.