Senior QA Engineer
Greenhouse, New York City
Helping companies find better candidates and improve their entire recruiting process
Greenhouse is looking for a QA Engineer to join our Engineering team. As a member of our QA Team, you will help scale our quality process and increase the caliber of our product suite. We are looking for someone who is creative, analytical, and has an eye for quality code. You will have the opportunity to drive change to our test processes and act as a mentor and mentee to your teammates.
Learn more about our engineering culture here.
Who will love this job:
- A collaborator, you will work with multiple partners across engineering and customer support to deliver excellence to our customers
- A doer, you thrive in dynamic environments; we move quickly and need a teammate who will too
- A communicator, you can communicate technical issues clearly and simply
- A mentor, you love teaching your colleagues new technologies and methodologies
What you’ll do:
- Work on a QA team supported by amazing engineers
- Help transition the team to adopt more automation processes
- Work with our Product and Customer Success teams to define a great product experience
- Ensure that every release improves product quality and standards
- Imagine, articulate, and execute test plans covering new development
- Identify problems and inform direction to ensure we never have to fix the same issue twice
You should have:
- An interest in pursuing a test engineering role
- Experience testing Ruby on Rails applications
- Experience building automated tests using the Rspec, Capybara framework
- Strong communication skills and be comfortable working across the organization
- The ability to document issues in a clear and reproducible way
- Your own unique talents - if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your cover letter.
Pay, Perks & Such:
At Greenhouse, we celebrate our diverse group of talented employees – and it shows. We are proud to say that we have been ranked #1 Best Place to Work in 2017 by Glassdoor and #15 by Crain’s New York Best Places to Work 2017. We pride ourselves on our collaborative culture, which starts with our interviews and continues through our executive “Ask Me Anything” sessions, regular company get-togethers, and quarterly “fun days” (think trapeze school, glassblowing, or dumpling class), just to name a few.
We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, FSA, HSA, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401K plan, and a parental leave program. And... we offer some not-so-standard, extra-fun benefits, including learning & development stipends, adoption and fertility benefits, an employee discount platform, and of course, fully stocked fridges and cold brew on tap. :)
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Come join us, and find out what the best work of your career could look like for you.
Greenhouse is an applicant tracking system and recruiting software designed to help companies find better candidates and improve their entire recruiting process.
Be a Better Greenhouse Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Greenhouse when you watch classes taught by their top employees.