Director, Sales Engineering
Greenhouse, New York City
Helping companies find better candidates and improve their entire recruiting process
Greenhouse is looking for its first Sales Engineering Director.
As the first senior hire for the team, you will be instrumental in defining the vision of sales engineering, especially as we continue to push our product upmarket. You'll focus on optimizing our pre-sales processes by empowering your team to lead complex pre-sales conversations. Your technical expertise will allow you to influence our product roadmap based on feedback from prospects to our cross-functional partners.
As a pivotal team in the sales organization, you'll be managing a small, but mighty team that is anticipated to grow substantially within the next year.
Who will love this job:
- A leader, you care about the professional success of your team and know what it takes to elevate your team.
- A partner, you're able to build strong cross-functional relationships internally and simultaneously serve as a voice for our customers
- A driver, you execute with purpose and passion, and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to close big deals.
- A consultant, you love identifying areas for improvement and enjoy inspiring change
What you’ll do:
- Hire, lead, and motivate a team of Sales Engineers
- Work closely with our Vice President of Sales to set the Sales Engineering strategy across various segments
- Ensure that our unique technical capabilities are positioned as differentiators in the selling process
- Collaborate with Sales, Professional Services, and Product to deliver customized solutions for our prospects and customers
You should have:
- 12+ years of forward-thinking sales experience, with an emphasis in pre-sales
- 4+ years in leading and building a sales engineering organization
- Experience in API integrations, a requirement
- Experience in HR technology and/or SaaS, strongly preferred
- Your own rare talents - if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be an outstanding fit for this role in your cover letter
Pay, Perks & Such:
At Greenhouse, we love to celebrate our diverse group of hardworking employees – and it shows. We’re proud to say that in 2018, we’ve been ranked #2 by Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, #10 Best Company Culture to work for by Comparably, #37 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and are recognized on Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list. We pride ourselves on our collaborative culture that is pervasive throughout every step of a Greenhouse employee's journey. Starting with our interviews and continuing through our executive “Ask Me Anything” sessions, collaboration is at the heart of working at Greenhouse.
We offer a full slate of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, FSA, HSA, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and a parental leave program. And... we offer some not-so-standard, extra-fun benefits, including learning & development stipends, adoption and fertility benefits, an employee discount platform, and of course, fully stocked fridges and cold brew on tap. :)
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and different industries to apply. Come join us, and find out what the best work of your career could look like here at Greenhouse.
Greenhouse is an applicant tracking system and recruiting software designed to help companies find better candidates and improve their entire recruiting process.
Be a Better Greenhouse Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Greenhouse when you watch classes taught by their top employees.