Software Engineer - Tools
Greenhouse, Anywhere within the United States
Helping companies find better candidates and improve their entire recruiting process
Greenhouse is looking for a Software Engineer - Tools to join our Engineering team!
At Greenhouse, our Tools and Operations team is responsible for building tools that are essential across the engineering organization. On this small but experienced team, you will be given the opportunity to develop and maintain features to improve the productivity of our developers while also working closely with our SRE team to build abstractions on top our Kubernetes infrastructure.
Learn more about our engineering culture here!
Who will love this job:
- An excellent communicator, you have a knack for explaining technical processes concisely (even to non-engineers), and work well with cross-functional internal teams
- A self-starter, you have a strong bias for action and seek continuous improvement
- A problem solver, you enjoy analyzing and managing large problem domains
- A teammate, you’re passionate about contributing to the greater engineering team and thrive in a fast-paced environment
What you’ll do:
- Improve our internal deployment platform, Dajoku, which is built on top of Kubernetes
- Collaborate with product engineering to design new tools that make them more productive in their day-to-day work
- Enhance system observability by instrumenting applications, adding new data sources, and creating tools for application developers to build their own alerts
- Write and deploy clear and concise production code
- Learn and deploy cutting-edge tools and technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, Buildpacks, Prometheus, Grafana, and Go
You should have:
- Experience in software engineering/development
- Proficiency in a programming language (Ruby is a plus!)
- Experience administering production systems
- A knack for troubleshooting and debugging
- Proficiency with Linux systems
- Experience with Kubernetes or containerized systems, a plus
- Your unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications above, tell us in your cover letter why you’d be a great fit for this role
Pay, Perks & Such:
At Greenhouse, we love to celebrate our diverse group of hardworking employees – and it shows. We’re proud to say that in 2018, we’ve been ranked #2 by Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, #10 Best Company Culture to work for by Comparably, #37 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and are recognized on Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list. We pride ourselves on our collaborative culture that is pervasive throughout every step of a Greenhouse employee's journey. Starting with our interviews and continuing through our executive “Ask Me Anything” sessions, collaboration is at the heart of working at Greenhouse.
We offer a full slate of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, FSA, HSA, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and a parental leave program. And... we offer some not-so-standard, extra-fun benefits, including learning & development stipends, adoption and fertility benefits, an employee discount platform, and of course, fully stocked fridges and cold brew on tap. :)
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and different industries to apply. Come join us, and find out what the best work of your career could look like here at Greenhouse.
Greenhouse is an applicant tracking system and recruiting software designed to help companies find better candidates and improve their entire recruiting process.
Be a Better Greenhouse Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Greenhouse when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Greenhouse? Visit Greenhouse's website.
Jobs You May Like
Programmer Engine Systems
Relic Entertainment, Vancouver, BC
Data Scientist (Campbell, California or Vancouver, Canada)
Mojio, Campbell, California or Vancouver, Canada