Greenhouse, New York City
Helping companies find better candidates and improve their entire recruiting process
Greenhouse is looking for a Product Designer!
We’re on the search for an expert designer to help elevate our visual style and to improve the workflow of our product. Reporting into our Director of Product Design, you’ll be using your strategic design chops to build and define our enterprise product at the highest level of complexity and for diverse use cases. Your goal is to simplify and communicate functionality while framing Greenhouse in a way that influences how hiring teams excel at their jobs.
Who will love this job:
- A collaborator, you love to articulate the rationale behind each of your design decisions, while also being receptive to constructive criticism.
- A big-picture thinker, you never make a design decision without considering the impact on the overall experience.
- A problem solver, you ask the right questions and can quickly iterate to a final, well thought-out solution.
- A communicator, you have a deep understanding of front-end development, which allows you to work effortlessly with developers on the details of style sheets and CSS implementation.
What you’ll do:
- Develop visual product designs to be implemented on a responsive framework
- Help establish and reinforce consistent interaction design patterns across platforms and touch-points
- Work closely with engineers to ensure the build matches the visual design
- Partner with our Product team to contribute to high-level direction for the Greenhouse product
You should have:
- Product design experience
- Experience working on a Product team
- Familiarity with HTML / CSS
- Proficiency with Sketch
- Prototyping abilities with InVision / Axure / Flinto
- Proven ability to communicate with various audiences
- Design / UX-related degree, a plus
- User research facilitation experience, a plus
- Your own unique talents – if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a fit for this role in your cover letter
Pay, Perks & Such:
At Greenhouse, we love to celebrate our diverse group of hardworking employees – and it shows. We’re proud to say that in 2018, we’ve been ranked #2 by Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, #10 Best Company Culture to work for by Comparably, #37 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and are recognized on Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list. We pride ourselves on our collaborative culture that is pervasive throughout every step of a Greenhouse employee's journey. Starting with our interviews and continuing through our executive “Ask Me Anything” sessions, collaboration is at the heart of working at Greenhouse.
We offer a full slate of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, FSA, HSA, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and a parental leave program. And... we offer some not-so-standard, extra-fun benefits, including learning & development stipends, adoption and fertility benefits, an employee discount platform, and of course, fully stocked fridges and cold brew on tap. :)
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and different industries to apply. Come join us, and find out what the best work of your career could look like here at Greenhouse.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Greenhouse is an applicant tracking system and recruiting software designed to help companies find better candidates and improve their entire recruiting process.
Be a Better Greenhouse Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Greenhouse when you watch classes taught by their top employees.