Customer Support Specialist
Greenhouse, New York
Helping companies find better candidates and improve their entire recruiting process
We're looking for a Customer Support Specialist to join our Engineering team!
As our customer-facing product experts at Greenhouse, the Customer Support team leads our efforts to evangelize Greenhouse as a platform for organizational change, and not just a set of features. Setting the bar for customer satisfaction, we are passionate about delivering the best possible service and support to help our customers transform the way they hire.
Often cited as the "best thing about Greenhouse", Customer Support Specialists are a key piece of the Greenhouse strategy. Customer Support sits at the intersection of our Customer Success, Product, and Engineering teams to provide expert support and TLC that consistently amazes and delights our customers. Being in the mix with customers on a day-to-day basis best positions our Support team to help inform the product roadmap by advocating internally for customer feature requests, while managing expectations for future releases.
Some of the cool things our team is working on are getting involved with using artificial intelligence, creating a knowledge management program and developing a stronger tie to our product team to help push usability and experience feature request to new heights. We’re also developing new ways to support a growing enterprise Customer base.
Who will love this job:
- An advocate for our customers, stopping at nothing to help them succeed
- A “MacGyver” who thinks creatively to solve problems and discover workarounds using available resources
- A wordsmith with the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and with a friendly tone
- A bright personality who will leave our customers feeling warm and fuzzy
- A cool cucumber who can multitask and juggle priorities without breaking a sweat
- A team player who contributes ideas to improve processes
What you'll do:
- Serve as first point of contact for all support communications across multiple channels – primarily email and live chat – to answer questions, provide guidance, troubleshoot issues, and route product feedback appropriately
- Manage open customer issues, escalating when appropriate, to ensure timely follow-up and satisfactory resolution
- Assist with keeping internal and customer-facing support documentation up-to-date
- Contribute recommendations for continually improving product and process
- Create re-usable customer facing solutions to common and known questions and issues
You should have:
- 1-2 years overall work experience
- Superior customer service skills – the ability to be empathetic, accurate, compassionate, responsive, resourceful, and conscientious
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities and effectively multi-task
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills, perseverance, and patience
- Aptitude for continual learning and sharing your experience and knowledge with others
- A willingness and ability to “dive right in”, be effective, and make a difference
Pay, Perks & Such:
At Greenhouse, we celebrate our diverse group of talented employees – and it shows! We are proud to say that we have been ranked #1 Best Place to Work in 2017 by Glassdoor, and #15 by Crain’s New York Best Places to Work 2017! We pride ourselves on our collaborative culture, which starts with our interviews and continues through our executive “Ask Me Anything” sessions, regular company get togethers, and quarterly fun days (think trapeze school, glassblowing, or dumpling class), just to name a few.
We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, FSA, HSA, commuter benefits, a 401K plan, and a parental leave program. And... we offer some not-so-standard, extra-fun benefits, including learning & development stipends, adoption and fertility benefits, flexible vacation, an employee discount platform, and of course, fully stocked fridges and cold brew on tap. :)
At Greenhouse, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success, and we encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Come join us, and find out what the best work of your career could look like for you!
Greenhouse is an applicant tracking system and recruiting software designed to help companies find better candidates and improve their entire recruiting process.
Be a Better Greenhouse Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Greenhouse when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Greenhouse? Visit Greenhouse's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Management Intern - Summer 2018
MongoDB, New York City
Support Engineer - Rolodex Team
Qualtrics , Provo
Software Engineer - Customer Experience
Qualtrics , Seattle
Technical Program Manager
Paytm Labs, Noida
Senior Machine Learning Engineer
HotelTonight, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Software Engineer, iOS
MyFitnessPal, San Francisco, CA