Greenhouse, New York, NY
Helping companies find better candidates and improve their entire recruiting process
Greenhouse is looking for a Product Designer!
We’re on the search for an expert designer to help elevate our visual style and to improve the workflow of our product. Reporting into our Director of Product Design, you’ll be using your strategic design chops to help build a product for diverse use cases, as well as execute on details within the product. This is an opportunity to help define an enterprise product and practice interaction design at the highest level of complexity. Your goal is to simplify and communicate functionality while framing Greenhouse in a way that influences how hiring teams excel at their jobs.
We pride ourselves on building thoughtful software and enjoy the challenge of designing tools to help hiring teams do their best work. If this sounds exciting to you, let’s talk!
Who will love this job:
- A collaborator: You can articulate the rationale behind each of your design decisions, while being receptive to constructive criticism.
- A big-picture thinker: You never make a design decision without considering the impact on the overall experience.
- A problem solver: You ask the right questions and can quickly iterate to a final, well thought-out solution.
- A communicator: Your proven understanding of front-end development allows you to work effortlessly with developers on the details of style sheets and CSS implementation.
What you’ll do:
- Develop visual product designs to be implemented on a responsive framework
- Help establish and reinforce consistent interaction design patterns across platforms and touch-points
- Work closely with engineers to ensure the build matches the visual design
- Partner with our Product team to contribute to high-level direction for the Greenhouse product
You should have:
- 3+ years of product design experience
- Experience working on a Product team
- Familiarity with HTML / CSS
- Proficiency with Sketch
- Prototyping abilities with InVision / Axure / Flinto
- Proven ability to communicate with various audiences
- Design / UX-related degree, a plus
- User research facilitation experience, a plus
Pay, Perks & Such:
At Greenhouse, we celebrate our diverse group of talented employees – and it shows! We are proud to say that we have been ranked #1 Best Place to Work in 2017 by Glassdoor, and #15 by Crain’s New York Best Places to Work 2017! We pride ourselves on our collaborative culture, which starts with our interviews and continues through our executive “Ask Me Anything” sessions, regular company get-togethers, and quarterly “fun days” (think trapeze school, glassblowing, or dumpling class), just to name a few.
We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, FSA, HSA, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401K plan, and a parental leave program. And... we offer some not-so-standard, extra-fun benefits, including learning & development stipends, adoption and fertility benefits, an employee discount platform, and of course, fully stocked fridges and cold brew on tap. :)
At Greenhouse, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Come join us, and find out what the best work of your career could look like for you!
Greenhouse is an applicant tracking system and recruiting software designed to help companies find better candidates and improve their entire recruiting process.
Be a Better Greenhouse Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Greenhouse when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Greenhouse? Visit Greenhouse's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Product Designer (Pocket)
Mozilla, San Francisco, CA
UX Research Intern
Tradeshift, Copenhagen, Denmark
Product Designer, Instructor Experience
Udemy, U.S.A., San Francisco
Senior Product Manager - Partnerships
OnDeck, New York, NY
Senior Director/GM - Product Management
Icertis, Pune Area, India
Product Intelligence Manager
United Technologies Digital, New York