Desktop Support Engineer
Greystone Technology, Boulder, CO Office
Business Technology doesn't have to be painful
Greystone Technology is looking for creative, self-accountable IT professionals to engage in our fast-paced, people-driven service model. Average IT people tend to be great at solving technical issues, but poor at understanding the true problems that need to be solved.
We’ve redesigned the way technology services are provided – from the ground up. We don’t start with solutions; we start with questions. Lots of them. Then we listen. Service providers have a well-earned reputation for sharing the answer before knowing the problem, resulting in businesses getting solutions they don’t need to problems they don’t have.
If you think differently, solve creatively, and love to connect with people, we want you to join our mission of digging deep and proving how meaningful IT services can be. It’s as common sense as it is revolutionary.
We are looking for a tier one/two Desktop Support Engineer (in other companies this person could hold the title of Jr. Systems Administrator, higher level Help Desk/Desk Side Support, Field Engineer, Tier 1 or Tier 2 Technician) to join our Managed IT team. The Desktop Support Engineer will be responsible for handling the majority of day to day user requests and tickets for an assigned client base within our Managed IT Team. This position requires a person who can communicate about complex ideas and technology in simple everyday terms. This role will be located in our Boulder, CO office.
- Ticket management and documentation
- Learning independently about our clients’ ever changing systems
- Working both in our office and on location with our clients
- Doing what it takes to create enthusiastically satisfied customers and build trust and credibility within a client group
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 1-3 years’ experience in an IT help desk or desktop support environment or equivalent educational experience
- Experience troubleshooting or supporting Microsoft platforms (e.g. Office 365, Active Directory, all current flavors of Windows)
- Knowledge of basic networking principles, what they mean, and how they interact (TCPIP, DNS, DHCP, LAN/WAN)
- Experience installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining peripherals (scanners, fax machines, printers, etc.)
- Experience troubleshooting standard hardware issues and running diagnostics
- An understanding of standard IT Security practices (virus remediation, firewalls, phishing, etc.)
- Basic Apple, Mac OS, and iOS troubleshooting experience a plus
- Demonstrable ability to quickly learn and support various business applications
- Understanding backup and disaster recovery concepts
- An awareness of how technology impacts business
- The desire to work as part of a team
- Critical thinking aptitude and troubleshooting experience
- An empathetic approach to solving customer problems
- Curiosity about technology and the ability and motivation to learn independently
- Professional confidence, and a passion for solving problems
- A positive, courteous demeanor
- An aptitude towards service
- Openness to feedback
- Ability to learn from experience
- A focus on finding appropriate long-term solutions to technical issues
- The ability to own technical problems and see them through to resolution
We are proud to be recognized as one of the top workplaces in Denver. In fact, it’s Greystone Technology employees themselves who say our company is a great place to work. We’ve created an inviting workspace that fosters a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excitement. Some of the things our employees enjoy include:
- Competitive wages
- Generous benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance, & 401(k) program
- Very generous paid time off program that is unique to the IT industry
- Sustainable work-life balance and flexibility
We’re looking for smart, highly-skilled, passionate people to help us do something daring, difficult, and incredibly rewarding. If you’re ready to learn, be inspired, solve problems, grow professionally, and unleash your talent, apply today!
How to Apply:
We get a lot of job applications and unfortunately, most of them get nothing more than a quick once-over. Please include the usual - a resume and a cover letter, and anything else that will show us that you are interested in and qualified for this specific position. Tell us stories. Show us as much as you can about who you are. Make us panic about the fact that we haven't already hired you. Learn to use Facebook privacy settings or better yet just un-tag yourself in that one picture (you know which one) and then become a fan of our page. Tell us your salary requirements and what kind of cookies we should bake for you on your birthday.
Afraid you’re missing a technological requirement? Apply anyhow. We’re probably okay with teaching you some stuff if you’re as obsessive about customer service as we are.
Greystone Technology is dedicated to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
About Greystone Technology
Since the time Greystone was founded, the brokenness of IT has been visible everywhere. Jesse and Peter knew how to fix it. They had worked with enough IT folks to know that there was a special breed out there; sharp, creative, and comfortable with the grey areas of business and human interactions. They knew that if they could gather these people together and free them to exercise their genius for service, it would create a world-dominating kind of company. That’s how Greystone started in 2001. With a focus on human connection and understanding context, Jesse and Peter built the IT company they knew would create meaningful impact. It started by working out of apartments with countless “experts” telling them the model couldn’t survive. They persisted and kept hiring people like you: smart, personable individuals capable of making the right choices for the companies and clients they serve. The market has embraced the Greystone model. We’ve grown substantially every year since 2003, driven almost entirely by our customers telling their friends and colleagues why they need to rethink IT. A lot has changed in 16+ years. We have redeveloped service lines, added 80+ team members, and moved out of the apartment offices and then up a few floors from our original 1000 square feet in Denver. Unfortunately, some other things haven’t changed. IT departments still cling to the past, disconnect from people, and obstruct innovation. That’s why we – and you – are here, making our clients lives better one conversation at a time. – Peter and Jesse, Founders