Greystone Technology, Boulder, Denver Fort Collins, CO Office
Business Technology doesn't have to be painful
You are an expert in web development looking to use your powers for good. As a member of the Greystone Web Development team, you will have an opportunity to build dynamic web apps and websites that positively impact non-profits and businesses across the Rocky Mountain region. Your skills will be challenged as you grow your career in a refreshing culture centered around passionate individuals, respectful candor and a desire to make the world a better place.
If you think differently, solve creatively, and love to connect with people, we want you to join our mission of digging deep and proving how meaningful our services can be. It’s as common sense as it is revolutionary.
- Partnering with clients to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality
- Establishing and guiding website architecture
- Formulating an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin
- Working with business stakeholders and executive management to solve interesting technical problems
- Collaborating with individuals at all levels of our organization internally as well as our client organizations
- Thoroughly documenting project build and maintenance, and performing regular testing and QA with the team
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 4+ years’ experience of PHP back-end development & strong knowledge of WordPress
- 4+ years’ experience in LAMP stack
- Linux server administration experience
- Expert-level ability of how to connect, read, and write to databases.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and scalability
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards
- Proven mentoring and team building skills
- An ability to participate in many projects simultaneously
- Great attention to detail and a high level of organization
- The desire to work as part of a team
- Critical thinking aptitude
- Empathy for our customers and team members and their circumstances and a desire to help them
- A positive, courteous demeanor
- An aptitude towards service
- Openness to feedback
- Ability to learn from experience
We are proud to be recognized as one of the top workplaces in Denver. In fact, it’s Greystone Technology employees themselves who say our company is a great place to work. We’ve created an inviting work space that fosters a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excitement. Some of the things our full time employees enjoy include:
- Competitive wages
- Generous benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance, & 401(k) program
- Very generous paid time off program that is unique to the IT industry
- Sustainable work-life balance and flexibility
We’re looking for smart, highly-skilled, passionate people to help us do something daring, difficult, and incredibly rewarding. If you’re ready to learn, be inspired, solve problems, grow professionally, and unleash your talent, apply today!
How to Apply:
We get a lot of job applications and unfortunately most of them get nothing more than a quick once-over. Please include the usual - a resume and a cover letter, and anything else that will show us that you are interested in and qualified for this specific position. Tell us stories. Show us as much as you can about who you are. Make us panic about the fact that we haven't already hired you. Learn to use Facebook privacy settings or better yet just un-tag yourself in that one picture (you know which one) and then become a fan of our page. Tell us your salary requirements and what kind of cookies we should bake for you on your birthday.
Afraid you’re missing a technological requirement? Apply anyhow. We’re probably okay with teaching you some stuff if you’re as obsessive about creating an amazing client experience as we are.
Greystone Technology is dedicated to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
About Greystone Technology
Since the time Greystone was founded, the brokenness of IT has been visible everywhere. Jesse and Peter knew how to fix it. They had worked with enough IT folks to know that there was a special breed out there; sharp, creative, and comfortable with the grey areas of business and human interactions. They knew that if they could gather these people together and free them to exercise their genius for service, it would create a world-dominating kind of company. That’s how Greystone started in 2001. With a focus on human connection and understanding context, Jesse and Peter built the IT company they knew would create meaningful impact. It started by working out of apartments with countless “experts” telling them the model couldn’t survive. They persisted and kept hiring people like you: smart, personable individuals capable of making the right choices for the companies and clients they serve. The market has embraced the Greystone model. We’ve grown substantially every year since 2003, driven almost entirely by our customers telling their friends and colleagues why they need to rethink IT. A lot has changed in 16+ years. We have redeveloped service lines, added 80+ team members, and moved out of the apartment offices and then up a few floors from our original 1000 square feet in Denver. Unfortunately, some other things haven’t changed. IT departments still cling to the past, disconnect from people, and obstruct innovation. That’s why we – and you – are here, making our clients lives better one conversation at a time. – Peter and Jesse, Founders