People Business Partner
Grindr, HQ - West Hollywood
The largest all-male location based network in the world
Why work at Grindr?
Grindr is among the top highest grossing apps in the iOS App Store and boasts some of the most engaged users across all social networking apps. We offer a constantly evolving, agile start-up environment that enables and rewards innovation, teamwork, and diligence.
Situated right in the heart of West Hollywood, we're the No. 1 location-based mobile social app on the market, and we cater to a massive user base of 3 million daily active users in every country in the world. Since our inception in 2009, we've been dedicated to finding new and better ways to connect people using mobile technology.
We offer a lot of perks and a collaborative office filled with healthy snacks and friendly people.
Grindr is looking for a highly passionate People Business Partner to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the mobile app industry, thrive in an environment of continuous change, and want to help move the needle on sustaining a great culture. You’ll have a proven track record of representing People & Talent teams and developing strong relationships with internal employees and stakeholders. You will help unleash employee potential and work to carve out solutions to potential obstacles that may hinder performance, develop programs to retain and grow the best talent. This People Business Partner reports to the Director of People & Talent and will push our P&T boundaries to help Grindr scale. You will serve as the primary business partner for the brand partnerships & advertising, marketing (including our new INTO digital magazine), finance, and corporate departments. Areas of responsibility include strategic design and execution of People & Talent programs processes and procedures; legal and company integrity & compliance; benefits administration; and payroll administration.
- Collaborate with people and managers to protect the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company People/HR policies and values, as well as governmental laws and regulations (including ADA, FMLA, PFL and PDL)
- Change is good: Stay current with applicable HR regulations and partner with senior management to develop company policies and process to ensure efficient and consistency. Be able to communicate this in a non-robotic way
- Manage employee culture and workplace experience inclusive of planning events and corporate social responsibility. Make it fabulous!
- Consult with managers and staff regarding employee performance improvement, corrective counseling and other human resources issues
- Lead the ongoing coaching and feedback process for your supporting departments. Assist with and coach managers on their employees’ monthly reflective discussions
- Work with Hiring Managers and Recruiters to compose, evaluate and edit job descriptions to ensure consistency and comprehensiveness
- Advise senior management on organizational design, roles and responsibilities, compensation design and execution, and staffing levels
- Maintain confidential employee, employee benefits, and other HR files. Consult with legal counsel, as appropriate, on personnel and immigration matters.
- Lead and execute change management strategies across all levels of stakeholders ranging from executive leaders through junior staff
- Assist as needed with payroll tracking and reporting
- BA/BS Degree in Management or equivalent experience, and MBS/MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive HR experience; an emphasis on HR compliance, benefits administration, compensation, and employee relations preferred
- Strong communication, interpersonal, consulting, problem resolution, mediation, and negotiation skills
- Well versed in HR regulations and compliance
- Proven ability to successfully plan and implement multiple People & Talent Programs
- Thrives in a start-up/entrepreneurial environment and is adaptable to change
- Ability to establish trusted relationships with all levels of the organization, including maintaining confidentiality of employee information
- Experience with international HR strategy and policies, and working across multiple office locations, including China, is preferred
- Proficient with Apple/Mac and HRIS products
- Have a pulse and a sense of humor
Benefits & Perks
- Full coverage medical and dental insurance
- Unlimited sick policy
- Generous Parental Leave
- Competitive Salaries
- Catered lunch, every day
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.
Launched in early 2009, Grindr now boasts more than a million daily users in 192 countries. To join them in their sunny Los Angeles offices, check out their open jobs here.
Be a Better Grindr Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Grindr when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Grindr? Visit http://www.grindr.com/
Jobs You May Like
Recruiter / Recrutador(a)
ThoughtWorks, Porto Alegre
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
People Business Partner
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Technical Engineering Sourcer (CONTRACT)
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Schoology, NYC HQ
Director of People Ops
ThirdLove, San Francisco, California