Senior Applications Engineer- Data Engineering at Grindr
HQ - West Hollywood
Why work at Grindr?
Grindr is among the top highest grossing apps in the iOS App Store and boasts some of the most engaged users across all social networking apps. We offer a fun, constantly evolving, agile startup environment that enables and rewards innovation, teamwork, and diligence.
Situated right in the heart of West Hollywood, we're the No. 1 location-based mobile social app on the market, and we cater to a massive user base of 3 million daily active users in every country in the world. Since our inception in 2009, we've been dedicated to finding new and better ways to connect people using mobile technology.
Grindr is looking for a Senior Applications Engineer on our Data Engineering team. Grindr’s Data Engineering team processes 100k events per second driving our learning models, experiments, and real-time insights. The ideal candidate will have experience working with real-time streaming technologies, a deep understanding of architecting for the cloud, the compassion and empathy required to pair with junior engineers, sharing knowledge throughout the team. In addition, the ability to design robust systems that anticipate failures and prior experience in building durable systems is going to be key to success here.
If you love to see your code in the hands of users and have a passion for bringing new products, features, architectures, and designs into the world, we want to speak with you!
This is a fast-paced, agile environment; our team is passionate about their projects, they are collaborative and never settle for the status quo. Come join a team that is writing applications to make sure people stay connected. Given the size of our team, you will have a very influential role both technically and professionally.
- Develop highly scalable realtime data pipelines to power data driven products and features
- Lead code and architecture reviews
- Ensure high availability of the Grindr platform through chaos testing and resilient designs
- Provide technical leadership and mentor junior team members
- Five (5) years of hands-on experience developing highly scalable distributed systems
- Experience using AWS technologies such as Redshift, S3, EMR, Data Pipeline, Kinesis, RDS
- Experience with Java, Spark, Kafka (Scala is highly desirable, Python a plus)
- Direct experience with TDD and a strong understanding of Domain Driven Design
- Solid experience designing for the Cloud and designing for failure
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Benefits & Perks
- Full coverage medical and dental insurance
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salaries and Options
- Catered lunch, every day
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.
See All Jobs at Grindr
Be a Better Grindr Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Grindr when you watch classes taught by their top employees.