Senior Applications Engineer - Growth at Grindr
HQ - West Hollywood
Why work at Grindr?
Grindr is among the top highest grossing apps in the iOS App Store and boasts some of the most engaged users across all social networking apps. We offer a fun, constantly evolving, agile startup environment that enables and rewards innovation, teamwork, and diligence.
Situated right in the heart of West Hollywood, we're the No. 1 location-based mobile social app on the market, and we cater to a massive user base of 3 million daily active users in every country in the world. Since our inception in 2009, we've been dedicated to finding new and better ways to connect people using mobile technology.
Grindr is looking for a Senior Applications Engineer on our Growth team. The Growth team is responsible for building cool features to grow our subscriber base.The right person for this role will have experience designing distributed systems that can process thousands of micro transactions per second, a deep understanding of architecting for the cloud, the compassion and empathy required to pair with junior engineers, and the openness to share knowledge across teams. In addition, the ability to design robust systems that anticipate failures and prior experience in building durable systems is going to be key to success here.
If you love to see your code in the hands of users and have a passion for bringing new products, features, architectures, and designs into the world, we want to speak with you!
This is a fast-paced, agile environment; our team is passionate about their projects, they are collaborative and never settle for the status quo. Come join a team that is writing applications to make sure more and more people connect. Given the size of our teams, you will have a very influential role both technically and professionally.
- Develop highly scalable, high quality software components for our growing Grindr platform
- Lead code and architecture reviews
- Ensure high availability of the Grindr platform through chaos testing and resilient designs
- Provide technical leadership and mentor junior team members
- Five (5) years of hands-on experience developing highly scalable distributed systems
- A solid understanding of mobile app payment life cycles for iTunes or Stripe
- Experience with Java server software and web applications (Scala/Akka very welcome)
- Solid experience with TDD
- Solid experience designing failure-tolerant distributed systems for the Cloud
- Experience using AWS technologies such as Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, RDS, DynamoDb
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Nice to Have
- Hands-on experience with Zookeeper, Redis, Ruby on Rails, Akka, Elasticsearch
- Understanding of Domain-Driven Design
Benefits & Perks
- Full coverage medical and dental insurance
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salaries and Options
- Catered lunch, every day
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.
See All Jobs at Grindr
Be a Better Grindr Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Grindr when you watch classes taught by their top employees.