Why Work at Grindr?
Grindr is among the top highest grossing apps in the iOS App Store and boasts some of the most engaged users across all social networking apps. We offer a fun, constantly evolving, agile startup environment that enables and rewards innovation, teamwork, and diligence.
Situated right in the heart of West Hollywood, we're the No. 1 location-based mobile social app on the market, and we cater to a massive user base of 3 million daily active users in every country in the world. Since our inception in 2009, we've been dedicated to finding new and better ways to connect people using mobile technology.
We offer a lot of perks and a collaborative, fun office filled with healthy snacks and friendly people.
The Data Scientist is a critical thinker who will engage with senior leaders to design well-constructed analyses derived from large datasets. The Data Scientist will work cross-functionally with product managers and engineers to deliver actionable results and should be comfortable working with Agile, cross-functional teams and eager to be a strategic partner in analytics assignments.
- Work with our Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Finance teams to answer complex questions about users, advertisers, and revenue
- Test hypotheses, create reports, handle open tickets and contribute to shared backlog using Jira
- Collaborate with developers, program managers, and product managers in an open, Agile environment
- Geek out on large datasets and generate insights from which business value can be ascertained
- Write queries in ANSI and Postgres SQL
- A passion for problem-solving and comfort with ambiguity
- 3+ years of experience using quantitative data analysis to solve business problems
- Strong understanding of the principles and tools of statistics and machine learning
- Strong experience with statistical programming languages (R, Python)
- Strong experience building data visualizations, dashboards, and data representations
- Experience building real-time data pipelines within high volume data environments
- Familiarity with shell scripting and common Unix commands
- Solid understanding of mobile data analysis tools and social media metrics
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, drive change, and collaborate effectively with a variety of individuals and organizations
- Master or Ph.D. degree in Engineering or related quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Economics)
- Experience with JVM ecosystem software development
- Experience with data product deployment and A/B testing
- Experience with modern Apache data stack such as Kafka, Spark, Flink and Beam
- Knowledge of Computer Vision or Natural Language Processing
- Knowledge of Bayesian and Deep Learning approaches; graphical models
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical and dental insurance
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salaries
- Catered daily lunch
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
Launched in early 2009, Grindr now boasts more than a million daily users in 192 countries. To join them in their sunny Los Angeles offices, check out their open jobs here.
Be a Better Grindr Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Grindr when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Grindr? Visit http://www.grindr.com/
Jobs You May Like
Analytics Lead - Boston
Lyft, Boston, MA
Business Solution Architect (Global Services)
Data Scientist - Inference, Homes
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Senior User Experience Researcher - Seller Insights
Etsy, Brooklyn, NY
Senior Marketing Science Analyst
Snap Inc., New York, NY