Senior Data Engineer
Grindr, HQ - West Hollywood
The largest all-male location based network in the world
Why work at Grindr?
Grindr is among the top highest grossing apps in the iOS App Store and boasts some of the most engaged users across all social networking apps. We offer a constantly evolving, agile startup environment that enables and rewards innovation, teamwork, and diligence.
Situated right in the heart of West Hollywood, we're the No. 1 location-based mobile social app on the market, and we cater to a massive user base of 3 million daily active users in every country in the world. Since our inception in 2009, we've been dedicated to finding new and better ways to connect people using mobile technology.
We offer a lot of perks and a collaborative office filled with healthy snacks and friendly people.
We are looking for a Big Data Engineer that will work on the collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing of huge sets of data. The primary focus will be on choosing optimal solutions to use for these purposes, then maintaining, implementing, and monitoring them. You will also be responsible for integrating them with the architecture used across the company.
- Selecting and integrating any Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities
- Implementing ETL process, moving data between systems including S3, Aurora, Redshift, Redis, Kafka, and Spark.
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes
- Defining data retention policies
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
- Ability to solve any ongoing issues with operating AWS clusters
- Proficiency with Hadoop v2, MapReduce, HDFS
- Experience with building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Storm or Spark-Streaming
- Good knowledge of Big Data querying tools, such as Pig, Hive, and Impala
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Knowledge of various ETL techniques and frameworks, such as Flume
- Experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Experience with Big Data ML toolkits, such as Mahout, SparkML, or
- Good understanding of Lambda Architecture, along with its advantages and drawbacks
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical and dental insurance
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salaries
- Catered daily lunch
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Launched in early 2009, Grindr now boasts more than a million daily users in 192 countries. To join them in their sunny Los Angeles offices, check out their open jobs here.
Be a Better Grindr Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Grindr when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Grindr? Visit http://www.grindr.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer, Front End
Harry’s, New York, NY
IT Support Analyst
Security Technical Program Manager
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Front End Engineer
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer - iOS (Messaging Team)
Yelp, Hamburg, Germany
Localization PM Intern
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA